DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   DV Info Net Announcements (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/)
-   -   My first words on the Texas Shootout (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/64962-my-first-words-texas-shootout.html)

Fred Finn May 2nd, 2006 09:48 AM

I like to think of camcorders like toilet paper. Some people like the quilted variety because it feels soft, and looks nice. Some people like the rough stuff cause it's cheap and gets the job done. Some people need eco friendly stuff cause their septic can't handle the regular stuff.

They all do the same job, but their are nuances that make them special to their individual owners. And the likelihood of a rough stuff guy enjoying quilted, or vice versa is probably slim. I'm sure that they could argue til the end of time why one is better than the other. But the end result is what you want to feel against your own buns, and the hit you're willing to take in your wallet to achieve that feeling.

But if you talking TP in the same price range, its still only about the individual needs.

Craig Terott May 2nd, 2006 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fred Finn
I like to think of camcorders like toilet paper. Some people like the quilted variety because it feels soft, and looks nice. Some people like the rough stuff cause it's cheap and gets the job done. Some people need eco friendly stuff cause their septic can't handle the regular stuff.

They all do the same job, but their are nuances that make them special to their individual owners. And the likelihood of a rough stuff guy enjoying quilted, or vice versa is probably slim. I'm sure that they could argue til the end of time why one is better than the other. But the end result is what you want to feel against your own buns, and the hit you're willing to take in your wallet to achieve that feeling.

But if you talking TP in the same price range, its still only about the individual needs.

Extremely insightful Fred :p

Greg Boston May 2nd, 2006 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Davis
Will the writeup have good looking models holding the cameras?

No, they were in front of the cameras. ;-)

-gb-

Andrew Farrell May 2nd, 2006 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Boston
It is, as you say, "yet to come". Since we did this too close to NAB, everyone involved was busy getting ready for that show. Now that NAB is over, the data will be compiled and presented by Adam Wilt in future articles. There is talk of putting the video on a DVD (including some behind the scenes segments) but nothing finalized yet in that regard.

regards,

-gb-

Am I right in assuming the story will be posted here or a link to it? Or is it appearing in a magazine?

Greg Boston May 2nd, 2006 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Farrell
Am I right in assuming the story will be posted here or a link to it? Or is it appearing in a magazine?

I believe DV Magazine authorized an article by Adam Wilt on the Texas HD Shootout. Some of the material will be on Adam's own website, and on Mike Curtis' HD for Indies website. Some material may appear here but I suspect it will be linked from here.

Hopefully Chris H. will chime in and further explain the timeline and delivery methods.

-gb-