DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   DV Info Net Announcements (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/)
-   -   N.A.B. informal get-together for DVi members (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/7824-n-b-informal-get-together-dvi-members.html)

Chris Hurd March 18th, 2003 01:43 AM

N.A.B. Informal Get-together for DVi members

Howdy from Texas,

Anyone interested in a meet-n-greet with your fellow DVi dogs, let's set up a time and place while we still have some lead-time.

I'm good for just about any night except Wed 9 Apr, as that's the LAFCPUG meeting which I don't want to miss.

I was thinking of a few places... perhaps the Fireside lounge at the Peppermill, or the American Bar at New York New York... just about anywhere is good but we should get an idea of how many of us can make it and what night is good for y'all.

It would be great to see some old friends again, and make some new ones, so let's hook up. We should find out if there's a Canopus customer appreciation party to crash. Actually there's a ton of N.A.B. parties to crash, so speak up!

See ya there... ;-)

Mark Argerake March 18th, 2003 07:41 AM

Count me in. I'm only there for Tue and Wed nite. So if we can do it on Tuesday that would be cool. If Tuesday won't work for everyone, maybe I'll get some quick "Hi how are ya's" in on Wed nite or in the expo someplace.

Don Berube March 18th, 2003 10:54 AM

Count me in. I would love to meet any of our fellow DV dogs who will be attending NAB.

I agree with you Chris, that Since Wednesday evening will be the FCPUGNetwork event, that would not be the best night for all of us to meet - and as Michael offered, all are welcome Wednesday night!

I am sure that a lot of FCPUGNetworkers will be feeling just a weeeee bit festive after the meeting, if you know what I mean ;-)

So who is planning on attending NAB? Anybody planning on buying anything?

- don

Rik Sanchez March 18th, 2003 09:11 PM

Sounds like you guys will have a lot of fun, I wish I was going. I was wondering if all the DVinfo members will have a DVinfo badge or ID so that they can recognize each other?

Everyone is planning to meet up at night, but what if you all are running around during NAB, how will you know if the person next to you is a DVinfo memeber?

We all pretty much know the faces of the wranglers from your profiles, but us regular members don't know what the other regular members look like.

Have fun in Vegas, drink one for those of us that aren't going!

Justin Wheeler March 19th, 2003 01:09 AM

Chris, all:

I'm new to Watchdog, but I do plan to attend NAB and would love to meet the folks who put together such a wonderful site.

I'm new to DV and this will be my first NAB, so I feel like I've a lot to learn, but I am anxious to do so. I'm also somewhat new to Vegas, so I can't give any suggestions as to where to meet. You guys pick a place, I'll be there.

As for badges, if Chris won't mind, we could all print out The XL1 Watchdog photo with the nice looking 'puppy' and nicer looking XL1...safety pin, shirt, and PRESTO, instant badges so we can find each other on the floor.

Either way, it'll be great to meet all you nice folks.

Chris Hurd March 30th, 2003 11:11 AM

A quick update... the Canopus party is Monday night at a restaurant in the Paris hotel from 7pm - 9pm. I used to work for them so I'd kinda like to be there... we can all hook up immediately afterward, or immediately after the LAFCPUG meeting on Wednesday. Tuesday night still looks open as well, I'll try to make sure there's nothing else going on that night.

Steve Mullen March 30th, 2003 06:51 PM

NAB

My last nite is Tuesday and I'm going to try to go the Promax event.

Maybe we could get drinks after?

Chris Hurd March 31st, 2003 05:53 PM

Steve, is the ProMax gig separate from LAFCPUG? LAFCPUG is on Wed. night, and if ProMax is on Tue. night then I'm up for meeting after that (if there is a ProMax event on Tue night, I'll be there).

Steve Savanyu April 1st, 2003 04:26 PM

Chris,

I'll be there all week (working the A-T booth of course) and checking out the cool new stuff throughout the show.

(Note to self... Leave checkbook at home!)

Let me know if you have a time / place to get together.

Cheers

Chris Hurd April 1st, 2003 04:32 PM

Steve S.! Hey man, I looked for you at the Dallas security show (did ya get my note?). Looks like it's shaping up for Tues. night.

Jim Kundig April 1st, 2003 07:57 PM

Monday or Tuesday good. Anywhere they serve cold beer is fine by me. Looking forward to it.

Rob Wilson April 1st, 2003 08:12 PM

Whats required to attend NAB? Do you have to show some kind of professional ID or such to register?

Don Berube April 1st, 2003 08:34 PM

Anybody can attend NAB. You just need to pay to get in.
http://www.nab.org/conventions/nab2003

You can at least sign up for "Exhibits Only" and that is $150. This allows you unfettered access to all of the booths in the exhibit hall. It costs extra if you want to attend any seminars.

I am not sure, but this may be one of the shows in Vegas where they let the local people in for free on the last day, or is that some other show? awwwwww my memory is slipping...

- don

Chris Hurd April 1st, 2003 09:37 PM

Don't bother to pay $150 to get in; many of our sponsors offer free expo passes... get one from VariZoom Lens Controls.

Mark Argerake April 2nd, 2003 07:49 AM

Once you've gotten a free expo pass, next year you'll get an early bird reminder email saying you can register for a free pass again... at least that's how it's worked for me.