DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   DV Info Net Announcements (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/)
-   -   Looking forward to meeting anybody at these events... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/8-looking-forward-meeting-anybody-these-events.html)

Chris Hurd September 5th, 2001 10:36 PM

Looking forward to meeting anybody at these events...

Howdy from Texas,

I just came back from the WEVA show in Las Vegas and it was great to meet a bunch of new folks, as well as familiar names I've known online for a long time and finally got to meet in person.

If anybody reading this message finds himself or herself at these following events, I hope to get a chance to meet you in person and share ideas about DV and what you're doing with it.

RES Fest, San Francisco -- Sept. 7th: I'll be hanging around at Josh Mellicker's workshop series presented by DV Creators, wearing a cheesy red Canon Video shirt.

IBC, Amsterdam -- Sept. 14th thru 18th: One of my sponsors, VariZoom Lens Controls, has asked me to represent them at this show. My buddy David Locke and I will try our best to assist the already highly efficient, well organized German dealers at the VariZoom booth. Hope to meet a lot of European folks from DV-L there. Drop by and say Howdy!

RES Fest, Chicago -- Sept. 21st: I'll be hanging around again at Josh Mellicker's workshop series presented by DV Creators, again wearing a cheesy red Canon Video shirt.

DV Expo is coming up in December, but I have no idea yet whose booth I'll be working for that show. Definitely know I'll be there, though. Hope you will be, too... it's a great event. The name says it all!

See you there,

Chris Hurd September 11th, 2001 04:34 PM

Howdy from Texas,

September 11th: Needless to say, our trip to IBC has been immediately cancelled.

Regarding RES Fest in Chicago, September 21st: I'm not sure yet if I'll be going to this event, either. The opportunity may still be there but I'm a little uneasy about flying, at the moment.

:-(

Chris Hurd October 5th, 2001 09:24 AM

Howdy from Texas,

Well, I'll be flying again for the first time since 9/11... going to Aurora, Colorado (near Denver) for the Rocky Mountain Film Festival on October 10 & 11. Canon USA has asked me to help man their booth and show off the new XL1S.

Then, there's the MicroSoft XP rollout on October 25th in Cleveland... will be at the Canon booth there as well. Don't know the exact location for this gig yet. And, I'm not about to give up my Windows 2000. But that's neither here nor there.

If anybody else is in these areas and wants to drop by and say howdy, I look forward to meeting you!

DV Expo is coming up in early December in Los Angeles at the LACC. I'll definitely be there, but not sure whose booth I'll be in... either Canon USA, or Canopus, or VariZoom, most likely. Either way, this is always a great show and you should definitely check it out if you can!

Chris Hurd November 6th, 2001 09:24 PM

Heading out this Saturday, Nov 10th to COMDEX, a gigantic tradeshow in Las Vegas catering to the PC crowd (sorry, Mac heads).

Will be in the Canon booth. If you're attending this show, please stop by and say hello!

This is my *fifth* trip to Vegas this year... sigh.

Chris Hurd November 20th, 2001 12:51 PM

Will be at DV Expo at the Los Angeles Convention Center from December 4th through the 7th. Catch me at the Canopus booth, #615 -- this is *the* event for digital video, put on by DV Magazine. A lot of my friends will be giving lectures and teaching classes... Adam Wilt, John Jackman, Bruce Johnson and many others, about a wide variety of DV production and post-production topics.

Check out www.dvexpo.com for more info. See you there!

Chris Hurd January 3rd, 2002 08:34 AM

Anybody in the Bay area, come on out to MacWorld in San Francisco next week (Jan. 7-11) and say hello. I'll be in the Canon booth.

VideoMaker Expo West is at the end of January in Burbank. Not sure who I'll be working for at that one, possibly VariZoom Lens Controls.

And then the New York DV Conference in the Big Apple, February 10-14, I'm really looking forward to this one as this cowpoke has never been to the big city before. Swing by the Canopus booth and say howdy.

See you there!

Barbara Lowry January 4th, 2002 12:29 PM

Digidance Film Festival Utah 1/12-1/13/02

Guy Genin of ZGC will be demonstrating the P+S Technik Mini 35 Digital Adapter at the the Digidance Film Festival in Park City, Utah at the Canon table at the entrance to the screening room on January 12 and 13, 2002. Location: Treasure Mountain Inn, 255 Main Street, Park City.

Hope to see you all there!

Chris Hurd January 22nd, 2002 11:31 PM

For anybody in the Los Angeles area, I'll be in Burbank at the Hilton for VideoMaker Expo, Thursday the 24th through Saturday the 26th. Drop by the Canon USA booth and say howdy.

Ozzie Alfonso February 3rd, 2002 12:12 PM

Re: Looking forward to meeting anybody at these events...

<<<-- Originally posted by Chris Hurd : Howdy from Texas,
If anybody reading this message finds himself or herself at these following events, I hope to get a chance to meet you in person and share ideas about DV and what you're doing with it. -->>>

None of the events listed Chris, I'm New York bound through May, but there's a DV Conference in NYC February 10th through the 14th. I'm planning on sneaking out of work for at least of day of snooping. Anyone planning to attend?

Chris Hurd February 3rd, 2002 01:38 PM

Hi Ozzie,

I'm speaking at that event and will be manning the Canopus booth. Drop by and say howdy... it would be great to meet you!

;-)

Ozzie Alfonso February 3rd, 2002 09:07 PM

Great. I'll try my best to drop by on one of the days. Looking forward to it.

Chris Hurd February 9th, 2002 12:26 PM

The New York DV Conference

Most of you guys on the U.S. East Coast are aware that Canopus will have a booth at the New York DV Conference next week, Feb. 12 - 13. Just wanted to give some heads-up about that event - the location is:

The Manhattan Center, Grand Ballroom, 7th Floor, Booth #140
311 West 34th Street, New York, NY (website is www.dvnyc.com)

Booth hours are Tuesday 12th, from 12:30pm to 7:30pm and Wednesday the 13th, from 12:30pm to 5:00pm. There is a Canopus User Group meeting (I assume it's for existing and prospective Canopus customers) on Tuesday night, February 12th, from 7:15pm to 8:15pm a few blocks away at the New Yorker Hotel in the Herald Room, 3rd Floor.

Nathan Yanoff from Canopus is manning the booth, assisted by Tim Kolb and myself. Please drop by and say hello if you're at the show. We'll have a DVStorm demo station running for those who are new to Canopus (www.justedit.com).

Additionally, I've been invited to host a workshop/seminar/kaffee klatsch entitled "Choosing the DV camcorder that's right for you" on Thursday, Feb 14th at 10am somewhere in The Manhattan Center.

Looking forward to seeing you there,

Ozzie Alfonso February 9th, 2002 02:59 PM

Chris,

I'll try to drop by the Conopus booth after work on Tuesday and make the seminar that night.

John Locke February 9th, 2002 10:29 PM

Aren't these forums great?

I've already met one member of this community in real life...we even did some shooting together.

Chris, you're bringing a whole lot of people together across the world...both virtually and geographically.

Ya done good, son (written in a Texas accent).

Adrian Douglas February 9th, 2002 11:37 PM

Chris, is there a remote possibility that you'll be heading OS to and trade shows, ie, Japan or Australia?

Maybe sometime in the future we could organise some kind of DVinfoNet convention. I know I'd bust my arse to make it to that one.

John, sure you don't have some Australian blood pumping through ya veins. Ya done good son, is also a classic Australian saying.