DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   DV Info Net Announcements (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/)
-   -   Private Messages Disabled? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/81230-private-messages-disabled.html)

Adam Palomer December 7th, 2006 10:51 PM

Private Messages Disabled?

I wasn't sure where to post this and since I don't know who the administrators are around here...When I go to check my PMs I get an error message stating that, "The Administrator has disabled your Private Messages". What gives?

Chris Hurd December 8th, 2006 12:50 AM

If you need to contact someone privately, please use email. I've purposefully disabled private messaging in order to encourage folks to post in public. That way, more people can benefit from reading and participating in the discussion. Hope this helps,

Carrie Cannaday March 17th, 2008 09:59 PM

receiving messages

Please forgive me if I'm overlooking something very simple here (as I imagine I probably am), but how does one go about checking messages sent through the DVinfo e-mail/message system? I've sent messages through the system before and have been told that others sent replies to those messages but I have not been able to find any way to access messages sent to me. What am I overlooking?

Trond Saetre March 18th, 2008 03:38 AM

Messages sent to yourself are sent to the email address you specified when signing up to dvinfo.net.
To edit your settings, go to the "Controls" menu.

Chris Hurd March 18th, 2008 11:23 AM

Also be advised that unlike other forum sites, we don't do PMs (private messaging). Please use email for anything you don't want to post on the boards.

Pete Bauer May 13th, 2008 12:09 PM

If we used PM's, many worthy topics would never get publically discussed...as it is, we moderators regularly get emails that privately ask us questions that should be asked on the forums. BTW, I normally ask them to do exactly that so the community can both contribute and benefit. I can't imagine how bothersome it would be for our regular contributors if every newb decided it was more comfortable to PM them rather than post on the board.

And that's about all I have to say about that.

Tyson Yoder July 9th, 2011 06:53 AM

Private Messages?

Just wondering how to have my private messages enabled?

Chris Medico July 9th, 2011 07:02 AM

Re: Private Messages?

They aren't enabled for anyone on the forum.

You can send a message to someone if they allow other forum users to send them email through their profile.

Chris Hurd July 9th, 2011 06:00 PM

Re: Private Messages Disabled?

If you need to contact someone privately, please use email. I've purposefully disabled private messaging in order to encourage folks to post in public. That way, more people can benefit from reading and participating in the discussion. Hope this helps,