DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   DVC Feedback! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvc-feedback/)
-   -   DVC 9 - "Nooner" - by Marco Wagner (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvc-feedback/101228-dvc-9-nooner-marco-wagner.html)

Marco Wagner August 13th, 2007 09:45 AM

DVC 9 - "Nooner" - by Marco Wagner

This is finally our first DVC entry!!!

Filmed while a huge storm was heading our way, we had limited time to get the shots we wanted (54 minutes to be exact). Then there was the music rights issue, solved, thank you James Ray. When crunch time came, we were there, uhhh, crunching... We enjoyed making and editing every minute of this. Enjoy the comedy...

Any and all feedback welcome -

Jesse Steele August 13th, 2007 04:21 PM

mullet

That could have been the greatest mullet I have ever seen?

Great job
jesse steele

Marco Wagner August 13th, 2007 09:16 PM

THanks! We have one in red too, LOL. Much appreciated!

Ronn Kilby August 14th, 2007 01:03 PM

Yep - definitely gets the award for best short featuring a mullet. Music was good considering the time crunch - glad it worked out for you.

Marco Wagner August 14th, 2007 07:53 PM

Levi wears that mullet well! Yes, the music came out decent, I was happy. The purchase version ended up around 20 seconds shorter than the one we made, weird...

Randall Allen August 20th, 2007 12:37 PM

Marco...You and Levi need to get out of that Arizona sun....Its baking your heads. But I like the results.

Randy

Marco Wagner August 23rd, 2007 11:49 AM

Thanks Randy,

We just can't stay away from those darn mullets. Levi is also in prime shape for our next installment of toilet humored redneck shorts. I just wish I could have gotten his fall on video, he fell straight on his arse, hence the big muddy stripe down his butt.

Links to all formats now:

Marco Wagner
“Nooner”
YouTube http://youtube.com/watch?v=IQB2QFycoTY 16:9 428x240
QuickTime Small File http://timelake.com/media/dvc9/NoonerSm.mov 24.4MB 16:9 428x240
QuickTime Widescreen File http://timelake.com/media/dvc9/NoonerLg.mov 84.0MB 16:9 720x480 (best quality)
MPEG1 http://timelake.com/media/dvc9/NoonerMpeg1.mpg 31.2MB 16:9 428x240

Bruce Foreman August 23rd, 2007 07:19 PM

I was hopin' that big muddy stripe was due to an accidental fall or "sit down". The "sound effect" left a bit of a nagging doubt (Hugh DiMauro, are you anywhere around?).

Quite funny, Levi did a good job of acting, and the camera work looked good.

I liked it, Marco

Stacy Dudley August 23rd, 2007 07:23 PM

Definitely original. My son and I enjoyed this.

Stacy

PS> For some reason I am thirsty for a beer. Hmm...???

Marco Wagner August 23rd, 2007 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Foreman (Post 733313)
I was hopin' that big muddy stripe was due to an accidental fall or "sit down". The "sound effect" left a bit of a nagging doubt (Hugh DiMauro, are you anywhere around?).

Quite funny, Levi did a good job of acting, and the camera work looked good.

I liked it, Marco

Yeah that was a conveniently placed noise, lol. Levi seems to be a natural redneck, which works wonderfully! Thanks for the comment on the camera work, I was standing in mounds of ants, mud, cactus, burned brush and a myriad of other things. I used only my tripod and the poor mans handicam, which doesn't seem to work all that well with the A1U (orginally got it for vx2100).

Marco Wagner August 23rd, 2007 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacy Dudley (Post 733316)
Definitely original. My son and I enjoyed this.

Stacy

PS> For some reason I am thirsty for a beer. Hmm...???

Thanks so much! I figured a redneck meeting should include a beer and...well, that's all this redneck needs in this case, lol....

PS> It took two beers to get him to walk barefoot in that nasty creek, lol.

Geir Inge August 24th, 2007 02:50 AM

Disgusting behavior, hockey hair style, no manner at all, "primate creature" ...
Well, I enjoyd every minute of it Marco and my 2 girls (age 12 and 16) laughed all the way through :)

Great angles and edtiting, great actor, choice of location, choice of music together with the burps, it all came out very well. I'm sure you had a great time doing this video?

Well done and thank you for sharing.

Geir Inge

Dick Mays August 24th, 2007 05:31 AM

2001?

I suppose this is in homage to 2001. But the monkey's behavior was more intelligent than the lead actor.

Now, making fun of a mullet, where I come from, just ain't right. A man has a right to dress comfortable, have a little stylish hair, and drink a cold beer without somebody trying to make him some kind of alien creature.

This is the kind of video that makes woman see us as less than the wonderful creatures that we be deep inside our hearts where women should love us if they weren't so obsessed with some kind of ideal image of man that isn't part of the reality of this world we live in.

Sorry. A little personal stuff creeping in there...

Marco Wagner August 24th, 2007 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geir Inge (Post 733458)
Disgusting behavior, hockey hair style, no manner at all, "primate creature" ...
Well, I enjoyd every minute of it Marco and my 2 girls (age 12 and 16) laughed all the way through :)

Great angles and edtiting, great actor, choice of location, choice of music together with the burps, it all came out very well. I'm sure you had a great time doing this video?

Well done and thank you for sharing.

Geir Inge

That is so awesome to hear! Thank you. I wanted to make something G rated at least. My two nephews asked me to play it 6 times, they laughed everytime harder and harder. We had a blast making it and enjoying a few cold ones after. The only stressful part was trying to film all those scenes as a huge rain storm was coming and water dropplets would fall in the middle of a shot here or there.

Marco Wagner August 24th, 2007 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Mays (Post 733495)
I suppose this is in homage to 2001. But the monkey's behavior was more intelligent than the lead actor.

Now, making fun of a mullet, where I come from, just ain't right. A man has a right to dress comfortable, have a little stylish hair, and drink a cold beer without somebody trying to make him some kind of alien creature.

This is the kind of video that makes woman see us as less than the wonderful creatures that we be deep inside our hearts where women should love us if they weren't so obsessed with some kind of ideal image of man that isn't part of the reality of this world we live in.

Sorry. A little personal stuff creeping in there...

You got it, we were trying to get the 2001 monkey shot in Redneck style.

The mullet - If I'm the first or only person to make light (and still enjoy) the 10/90, then I'll quit making those videos, lol.

The women - For the religious (remember the apple ) EVE!

The women - For the not religious (you should see their mullets!!!)

At any rate, thank you for your comments, very sorry if this struck in you some personal way. I think men have tarnished their image in women's eyes LONG ago, tee hee...