DVC9 - Feng Shui - Dick Mays - Page 2 at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > DV Info Net Community Contests > The DV Challenge (our semi-regular contest) > DVC Feedback!

Old August 21st, 2007, 09:24 PM   #16
Regular Crew
This one made me really uncomfortable, maybe I don't like whipped guys either, or it just reminded me of my brothers!

For the amount of time we have, you really pulled the story off well. I liked the craziness of the neighbors, the accent stuff was really funny and added a lot to the film.

The audio at the end was a bit of an issue, but not too much; the guy was so whimpy that maybe we didn't deserve to hear what he said. By the way, I did understand "tonight, it's my turn". What character!
Bruce Broussard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2007, 01:25 AM   #17
I don't know how your mind works...but this was probably one of the most original concepts I've seen in a short.

It was extremely well shot with great use of angles and composition.

I loved the lines:
"Get off."

"I'm tryin'"

"No, get off me !"

Very funny.

Thanks for explaining the low dialoge earlier in the thread. I watched this several times and could never figure it out.

This was a clever piece of work.

"Are we to go on record, sir, with our assertion that the 'pink hearts, yellow moons, orange stars, and green clovers' are, in point of fact', magically delicious?"
- Walter Hollarhan before the House Subcommittee on Integrity in Advertising - May, 1974
Jonathan Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2007, 04:03 PM   #18
Major Player
Stacy, Marco, Bruce and Jon,

Thanks for the kind remarks. Except for Bruce who thinks Herve is whipped.

Just because a woman kicks you out of bed and makes you serve two men she is fllirting with drinks, that doesn't make you whipped. -- Does it?

Dick Mays is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

Omega Broadcast
(512) 251-7778
Austin, TX

(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

(800) 238-8480
Glendale, CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > DV Info Net Community Contests > The DV Challenge (our semi-regular contest) > DVC Feedback!