DVC10 - The Knock-Knock Freak - Mugurel Dragusin - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old November 1st, 2007, 06:33 AM   #16
Major Player

No worries :)
Old November 2nd, 2007, 01:23 AM   #17
Trustee

As I said in a previous thread, I am a sucker for titles and your beginning and ending titles were the best I've seen this challenge thus far. Although I did not get the plot, your acting, as always, is superb.
Old November 2nd, 2007, 10:38 AM   #18
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugurel Dragusin View Post
In the beginning it shows how he is troubled, trying to make his experiment a success and suddenly it happened, to the point that even he gets scared;
This is the part that threw me. I could not figure out why he would be startled, so I decided the first knock was generated by someone outside the door. Now it makes sense when I watch it.

I forgot to mention how much I liked the satisfied look on your face near the end. It walked the line between satisfying [for me] and freaky! Nice work, Mugurel.
Old November 3rd, 2007, 12:37 AM   #19
Inner Circle

Glad to see you in another of you films. Will say until I read this thread, did really follow what was going on. Watched YouTube version, so perhaps the higher definition versiosn shows the notes better.
Old November 3rd, 2007, 06:24 AM   #20
Contributor

hey Mugurel,

I liked the piece a lot. Simple idea that fits well into under three minutes. I figured there was no "story" so I wasn't looking for it. Just atmosphere. I find anything Supernatural generally pretty scary, unless portrayed in a comic book fashion. You managed to give the impression that we were witnessing something, we maybe shouldn't have.

Excellent acting, nice details.

Did you shoot the match slow-motion shot yourself? If so with which camera and how many fps? Just curious.

Nice job.

Frankenstein meets XL1
Daniel Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2007, 06:33 AM   #21
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Kohl View Post
Did you shoot the match slow-motion shot yourself? If so with which camera and how many fps? Just curious.

Nice job.

Thank you. The match slow-motion it's shot specially for this entry, I used a Panasonic GS35 to shoot standard NTSC, which I resampled to 120fps using avisynth and playback at 24fps, giving you the slow-motion you see :)

The funny part is that I had to shoot this outside as I shot around 10-15 matches so imagine the smell if were done indoors.
Old November 3rd, 2007, 07:19 PM   #22
Trustee

ok i get it now, that is cool -because i can do that too! Did you hear it? j/k Very cool idea for a more in depth and longer , uh, short.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!