DVC 10 - "Unforeseen" - Marco Wagner - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old October 31st, 2007, 06:33 PM   #16
Trustee

Thanks Dick,

You're close on the monitor, it flashes blue before going to the input. When put into b&w it seem to retain a little opposite color or something, weird.

I went with the theme, and wanted scary, I'm glad some of you think it is so. Thank you very very much!
Old November 1st, 2007, 09:54 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Can't believe I haven't commented in this thread but I loved the film Marco! Great job man. You hit the nail on the frigging head with the security camera footage. Whenever I see a film that has security cam footage that shows some kind of freaky occurrence it always scares me the most. And to be honest one of the ideas I had playing around in my head was to use a similar style (using the surveillance) with a different plot.

That idea is actually still floating around in my noggin and I have the actors from my entry ready and geared to do something else so you may see something in the future.

Also kudos to you using black and white it is a great touch to this haunting piece. Oh, and what is that weapon he is wielding?
Travis Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2007, 11:01 AM   #18
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Johnson View Post
Also kudos to you using black and white it is a great touch to this haunting piece. Oh, and what is that weapon he is wielding?

Thanks Tavis! The weapon is a homemade machete. A large rusty blade bolted to an aluminum pipe.

I love b&w for stuff like this - I wanted to capture the mood more than distract with all the colors in my house. I appreciate your great comments! I want to go further with this short too, I think I really like horror/suspense/thriller genres.
Old November 1st, 2007, 11:37 AM   #19
Regular Crew

You're welcome bro! Kudos on the weapon design. I think for the extension of my short film I'm going to really work on turning into a true exploitation film, scratched, grain, hairs, drained color...ya know the whole nine yards. I'd love to see more of this film if you decide to go that route.

The horror/thriller genre is a fun one. I had so much fun doing this and my friends agreed wholeheartedly. I've always wanted to delve into it but wanted to venture into crime drama's or action first, hell maybe I can mix the two.
Travis Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2007, 12:49 AM   #20
Trustee

I'll be sure to post any new cuts or additions. Next week I'll post a couple bloops from the original shoot. Thanks again!
Old November 2nd, 2007, 01:30 AM   #21
Trustee

It took so long for me to comment that everything has been pretty much said. Eerie, great sound design and perfect killer. I liked the altered state of consciousness feel that some crimes of violence victims actual experience. This one was excellent.
Old November 2nd, 2007, 11:28 AM   #22
Tourist

One of the few scary films in the contest. Really made me feel trapped. I liked it alot and I personally think you will win. the only constructive critism i can give is to use the trail effect a little less. that is all, good stuff.
Branden OHara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2007, 05:53 PM   #23
Trustee

Thanks a great deal Branden! I really excited to see who wins, you just made my day!
Old November 2nd, 2007, 11:33 PM   #24
Trustee

I've just watched your "Unforeseen" on YouTube, but I think you should have warned me :) I'm working night shift and do walk alone around in big and dark corridors of the worlds largest salmon slaughter factory. This night I just have to watch my back a little extra, hehe.

Great music and a great short, really scary this one.
The story get me thinking about Michael Jacksons "Thriller";

"The foulest stench is in the air
The funk of forty thousand years
And grizzly ghouls from every tomb
Are closing in to seal your doom
And though you fight to stay alive
Your body starts to shiver
for no mere mortal can resist
the evil of the thriller"

About effects maybe a bit less on some places would have worked better, but never the less a great video in both storytelling, editing and horror.

Will the "Unforeseen" killer - be the winner - of this "Thriller"?
That's for us to see - later - on DV-C.

All the best
Geir Inge
Old November 3rd, 2007, 12:15 AM   #25
Inner Circle

Marco-- very eerie and scary feel for me. Got a little dark on YouTube version, but I think you hit the mark pretty well on this film!
Old November 3rd, 2007, 10:55 AM   #26
Trustee

These comments alone make me feel like a winner! Geir and Chris, you two are among the many here I deeply respect as filmmakers - thanks for making me feel like I'm finally on the right track with something....

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!