DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   DVC Feedback! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvc-feedback/)
-   -   DVC12 - "The Cookie" - Bruce Broussard (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvc-feedback/116678-dvc12-cookie-bruce-broussard.html)

Bruce Broussard March 10th, 2008 07:56 AM

DVC12 - "The Cookie" - Bruce Broussard

This one was fun to shoot. We did most of the work on the first Saturday and finished final edits on the last Sunday. Our actors were really demanding, you know the prima donna types, but we managed to bribe them through a variety of methods to stick with the project. I hope everyone enjoys it.

Lorinda Norton March 11th, 2008 12:56 PM

Nice work, Bruce! I don’t know how you guys do that morphing stuff, but it sure did look nice—particularly the car.

Good and fun story with really smooth camera work and some pretty good acting by your demanding young talent. (Can’t give them too much praise or they’ll demand more money.) :)

Jesse Steele March 11th, 2008 01:00 PM

wow! There sure was a lot of broussards in the credits! hahaha Awesome! Thats what having a family is for!

I loved the concept. very clever. All the morphing was fantastic. Good camera work and lighting

great job
best of luck

Robert Martens March 11th, 2008 02:12 PM

Ha! Guitar Hero? Or Rock Band? The last rhythm game I played was PaRappa the Rapper, so I'm kind of out of date.

I envy the morphs, namely the "I'm too young to drive" bit, which made me applaud the kid. The car was pretty impressive too, how the kids didn't even move? Drawing masks, cutting mattes, was that a pain to pull off? And did you have to borrow one of those cars, or is it just coincidence you own two that are the same color? I suppose maybe it was a selective color correction? Can I type another question mark?

Gives me a warm fuzzy feeling to see all these family members involved in a production. A fine film, sir!

Alex Chamberlain March 11th, 2008 10:28 PM

I think this is the most effects-driven film in the lot for DVC12 and you really pulled it off. Great job! I too, would like to know what software/techniques you were using. Thanks!

Hugh DiMauro March 12th, 2008 10:22 PM

Wow Wow Wow!

I had a smile on my face the very split second I saw the titles and heard that foot tappin', head bobbin' music! The idea was funny as hell, the actors likable and morph effects fantastic! LOVED THIS! This will be the one to watch.

Dick Mays March 15th, 2008 10:02 AM

Very original. Great looking kids. Must have been fun to do.

What software did you us for the morphing? I really need to get these neat toys.

Joseph Tran March 16th, 2008 11:01 AM

I dunno how you did those effects, but you did 'em well! And a great story too, on top of that! Makes me wish I had that power when I was younger.

Cheers.

Bruce Broussard March 16th, 2008 05:09 PM

I see everyone had a question about the effects.

I had the idea to do some kind of morphing and thought I would experiment with photoshop, but that looked like it was going to be too difficult. There are quite a few pieces of software available, most of them are not too expensive. I settled on one called "Morph Man" from STOIK Imaging.

It has quite a few options and I just played with it for a few hours to get the hang of it. I capture video with the before and after scenes, trying not to move the camera or any supporting objects. Then I took a still of the image (my camera captured progressive HD so it helped. I peformed the morph, created an image sequence, dropped it back into the movie, and voila, that was it.

My boys had a lot of fun making it. I would have liked to spend more time on the audio and some other things, but that was a really busy week.

I hope everyone enjoyed it and thanks for the comments.