DVC16- "Dead Of Winter- Choices Made" by Chris Barcellos - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old May 8th, 2009, 03:00 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Jeez! Great job shooting! The camera work on this is great- very professional. And the cuts are good too. Cuz the production value looked so high (I CANNOT BELIEVE you shot this in 4 hours ...wow) it made the few shots that weren't framed impeccably stand out a bit. I'd like to see a close up of her hand grabbing the jar and then maybe keep it a little tighter when she smacks the guys over the head w/ the jar. It's such an important part of the film, but it isn't as interestingly framed as all your other shots.
Your granddaughter did a fantastic job. She really shows maturity as an actor. The younger sister/younger self did superb too, but I'd say the dialogue in it was too young for how old she looked. Or maybe there was just a few too many "Daddy"s in there that got me. If you took out a few of those I think the dialogue is more believable.
This is a very impressive piece and I'd like to see the next one!
Julia Liu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2009, 11:27 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Outtakes From Dead of Winter II

I pasted together a few outtakes from this shoot.... Should be up at YouTube shortly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJQoQySCsn0

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!