DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   DVC Feedback! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvc-feedback/)
-   -   DVC17-Tweekers:A Zombie Movie-Jesse Steele (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvc-feedback/465604-dvc17-tweekers-zombie-movie-jesse-steele.html)

Jesse Steele October 12th, 2009 10:22 PM

DVC17-Tweekers:A Zombie Movie-Jesse Steele

This was a riot to shoot! A friend of mine had this idea a few years ago and we have been wanting to give it a go. I figured a trailer was the best way to start!

The actors were all hilarious and so willing to get all "zombied out". I can't wait to really shoot this bad boy! Special thanks to Paul for allowing us to shoot at his house.

It was all shot with a Sony HVR-V1U. Edited with Premiere Pro CS3 and After Effects CS3

**No tweekers were harmed during the making of this motion picture**

Jay Kavi October 15th, 2009 11:04 PM

Hey Jessie, it started pretty strong. Nice compositions and setup, But it ran a bit long. I also didn't get a sense of story. Really if you cut it down to about 1:30 it be great.

Lorinda Norton October 15th, 2009 11:30 PM

Jesse, looks like you all had waaaay too much fun. :)

That one scene was really gross! I mean, did you have to add a kissing scene? ;) Just kidding (sort of). You know the part I'm talking about. I couldn't believe how real the "dining" scene looked. Yuck!

Now that you've got some momentum and the enthusiasm of the cast are you all ready to shoot the entire movie?

Hate always sounding like such an idiot but what is a tweeker?

Jay Kavi October 16th, 2009 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton (Post 1433141)

Hate always sounding like such an idiot but what is a tweeker?

I think it's a Meth addict.

Alan Emery October 16th, 2009 08:30 AM

Being new to fiction on films (my background is science documentaries), I had to look up the definition of a modern fiction trailer: 2 minutes 30 seconds max, 3 acts - #1 sets premise, #2 moves story forward dramatically, #3 wraps with dramatic scenes and music to recap and entice.

Act #1 sets up the premise immediately including a hint of the future timing. Act #2 was a gory mixture of the all-encompassing disaster. But I am not sure if there was an Act#3 to leave me all unsure and nervous about what was the final outcome. Lots of fun with the red overcast as well.

Robert Martens October 16th, 2009 11:01 AM

Drug addicted zombies, that's a new approach. I like it.

I agree this dragged a little, and the story didn't really leap out at me. The dialogue seems to have been panned hard right (I assume you recorded in stereo with the mic going into the right channel?), and I find myself wondering why there's the shot of the asteroid if the threat did not, in fact, come from outer space. I'd also like to know what that noise was that wakes up the two in bed. Sounds like a vacuum cleaner, but I can't really tell. Whatever it was, I think the joke went over my head.

I couldn't care less about any of that, however, since you included a real groaner of a play on words. "What makes you think I can't kick it now?" right after he kicks the guy in the head? I just stopped typing this post for a moment to give you a golf clap. Puns, and ridiculous language humor in general, make up for all but the most egregious transgressions in my book. The zombie on the bike was a cute way to finish up, and I have to love any Ash shout outs people throw into their work. That actor, by the way, did a great job despite his limited screen time, I get the impression he'll be fun to watch in the final film. I had fun watching this, I can't wait to see the movie!

Bruce Foreman October 18th, 2009 08:08 PM

You have some very powerful imagery going. Short and to some point for most of them. The music you used added to or set the mood. I'm not into zombie flicks but you did kind of grab me with this one.

As to the comments on it being too long, almost all of us are guilty of that but we did have fun, right?

Julia Liu October 18th, 2009 08:28 PM

The kissing scene was my favorite part! I think it would be funny if you started the trailer with it and then cut back to it at the end with the tooth. Tho I did really enjoy the clap-on lights at the beginning. This looks like its chock-full of inside jokes...which can sometimes be confusing but also can turn into cult classics! I think if you space out some of the scenes so that they can cut in and out of each other it would help the pacing. Really fun/ny work- and 2 thumbs up on the gross out/realistic intestines factor!

Jesse Steele October 19th, 2009 07:01 PM

Thanks everyone

You all gave great feedback! and congrats to the winners!..but beyonce had the greatest video of all time!!!..All Time!!!!..... jk :)

Now that this is over if anyone wanted to check out another project i was working on during this challenge and give me feedback I sure would appreciate it!!

YouTube - How to Score with your Wife