DVC17 - The Dead Bridegroom Takes Away the Bride - Andris Krastins - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old October 16th, 2009, 07:50 AM   #16
Major Player

Hi, Alan!
The speeding car is explained by the film title, which is being spoken exactly then, i.e., the dead bridegroom is taking away the bride.
Andris Krastins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2009, 08:58 AM   #17
Major Player

Hi Andris,

Yes, I understood the scene, but would the relevance have been improved if we had seen a bit of the bride and the dead bridegroom (suitably dead-looking) in the car together first?

Great show!

Alan
Alan Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2009, 09:02 AM   #18
Major Player

Thanks for your suggestion! But I think it would have required to shoot against the 180 degree rule or otherwise would have confused the audience.
Andris Krastins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2009, 01:38 PM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andris Krastins View Post
The streets were fairly busy when we were shooting the car scene (7.30pm), but I just got the camera and kneeled down in the middle of the street, because the place was well lit and I was visible to other drivers and hoped the crew, which was watching it all, would give me a timely warning. :]
Brave man! The way people drive where I live I don't know if I'd ever feel comfortable doing that, no matter how much I trusted my crew. Thanks for all the extra insight, and I hope your reshoot goes well today!
Robert Martens is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!