Dead?Wait! Feedback DVC19 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old October 29th, 2010, 02:51 PM   #16
New Boot

I hope to see you guys there as well. How routine are these competitions by the way? I actually found this forum due to DVC19 and due to my co-director being sent the link on another forum, dvxusers or something like that.
Alessio Summerfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2010, 05:35 PM   #17
Major Player

About 2 to 3 months in between, more or less.
Old October 29th, 2010, 05:54 PM   #18
New Boot

Well, if I'm not bogged down with other projects, I'm game. :)
Alessio Summerfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2010, 06:33 PM   #19
Major Player

Thanks very much for the plot summary. I thought that the cinematography was beautiful throughout, the images striking and the piece incredibly evocative but like some of the others I had struggled a little to understand what was happening at points. A really enjoyable film though, and some wonderful editing too to fit with the music.

On which note I thought the music video you posted a link to was excellent. I really didn't see the ending coming but it was very satisfying and made perfect sense. I loved the fact that you hinted at so much of the narrative without specifically stating it and I was very impressed by the focus work -- maybe my brain was just working a little faster this evening ;)
Henry Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2010, 07:32 PM   #20
New Boot

Haha, thank you so much Henry.

I think it's clear, now, that I'm a bit of a music video guy... or at least trying to be. It's funny, because prior to a few months ago I'd always dreamed of trying my hand at music videos, prior only working on short film narratives.

I, and my crew, appreciate the feedback on both the "Dead?Wait!" film/promo and the Blame Sydney! video. I'll try to keep you guys posted with anything further.
Alessio Summerfield is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!