DVC5 Feedback - Tracks of Reality - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old April 15th, 2006, 12:30 AM   #16
Trustee

Kudos from me too. Nice job. The dialog might need a bit of refining but for a first effort, very nice.

I am amazed by the quality level of these later DVChallenges. It's getting really good. Here in Columbus we are lucky to have a shorts festival that is open to everyone that makes any short video/film projects as long as they are from Central Ohio. All you have to do is submit something, nobody is turned away for quality or content issues. That's a great thing. I would put any of the videos that have been in these challenges in there with them and they would be able to hold their own. This is another fine example of folks doing something they are compelled to do - that's art.

Good job.

Sean McHenry

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2006, 12:29 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Your shot compositions were nicely done. Very evocative use of location -- I really got a strong sense of place, like in Introspectacle.
Robert Kirkpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2006, 07:00 PM   #18
Major Player

Excellent short, nuff said
Riley Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2006, 01:08 AM   #19
Major Player

I'll echo what many others said. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL pictures. You have an eye for composition and could be my D.P. anytime. However, I knew where the story was going way before it was over. Throw a change-up into your next short. Convince the audience where it is going, and then don't go there. And keep making pictures. You got the eye!
Dick Mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2006, 10:56 PM   #20
Major Player

Great work and a pleasure to view.

The cinematography, music, the monologue, and editing were excellent.
Richard Zlamany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2006, 05:13 PM   #21
Inner Circle

Okay, like everyone else said, the images were fantastically cinematic. But I felt that the naration colored the images to much, and did not leave the viewer to draw his or her own conclusions about what was being said. I know with limited time we all could do only what we could do, but I think, with a little addition here and there, you had enough emotion and suggestion in the visuals to say what you wanted to without using all the narration.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!