DVC5 feedback - "Fruit Pursuit" - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old April 16th, 2006, 04:52 PM   #16
Tourist

Fruit Persuite

Go Mark, nice movie. I'll come up with better feedback soon.... gotta take it all in first.

Karen Mak, Saskatoon
Karen Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2006, 03:22 AM   #17
Major Player

When I was watching it I was telling to myself like "hey, looks like those documentaries, nice" and then I've read here that you're actually into it. Well done :)
Old April 17th, 2006, 07:44 AM   #18
Trustee

Mark:

Boy, do you have a set of castagnes on you for running through town with red, Converse high tops and a banana suit! I laughed out loud! I LOVE that kind of humor, that mockumentary stuff. Color and use of backdrops was great. The pursuit ran a bit too long but nonetheless you are a contender. If you can make a full length mockumentary you just might have yourself something. Thank you!
Old April 17th, 2006, 04:27 PM   #19
Major Player

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone.

I agree that the chase scene was a bit long but I wanted it to go with the music and didn't want to edit the song in any way. (by the way, that song was a live recording from the last time the Vertical Struts played in Saskatoon, recorded by my friend Ryan)

Bradley, those lines were all Darren's. The interviews were basically improvised. I'd ask them a question then they'd answer how they thought their character would answer. If it didn't work we'd do it again but for the most part, it all came to them on the spot.

As I mentioned earlier, the reflections theme wasn't as strong as it should've been. I was originally planning on having just an interview of the banana and gorilla reflecting on the chase but decided that a "live" chase would be fun to do. I put in as many reflections shots (water, glass) as I could.

The light kit was a Lowel Omni kit. I didn't even check the wattage or anything, though I wish I did. For each interview, I used a light with some diffusion as a key to light up the actor, hung up a curtain behind him and placed a light with diffusion and coloured gels on the other side of the curtain, directly behind him. You can briefly see the banana's key light when the gorilla enters the room. (both interviews were done in the exact same spot, just facing different directions)

Thanks to everyone who had feedback for me! If I haven't commented on your movies yet, I'll try to very soon.
Old April 18th, 2006, 11:05 AM   #20
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Utley

Bradley, those lines were all Darren's. The interviews were basically improvised. I'd ask them a question then they'd answer how they thought their character would answer. If it didn't work we'd do it again but for the most part, it all came to them on the spot.
Well done Mark! Please tell Darren he did a great job with his improv.

Best wishes~
Bradley
Bradley L Marlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2006, 06:57 PM   #21
Major Player

Very funny -- my boss at work saw it and he's rooting for you, I think. I took some TV production classes in college and have done some documentary work on my own, so I had a good time with the spoofness of it.

Go ebay!
Philip Gioja is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!