DVC 5 Feedback – Give Away - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old April 20th, 2006, 12:02 PM   #16
Major Player

Thank you all for your comments, they are very helpful.

Phillip, I will post the re-edit when it is done.

William, (my middle name which is where “Bill” comes from) the tooth brush scene does not have a hidden meaning he was going to originally going start to brush his teeth outside the bathroom, this changed during the shoot to what you see, he is trying to get out so he can be at the shop before 5:00 when it closes, so he doing two things at once to save time.

When he gets to the shop does he go in to sell the ring? So he can go to LA with Jake?
Or does he do something else? You are meant to wonder what he is doing.
We took some risks when we chose not to spell everything out, you are meant to “reflect” on what he is doing and come to your own conclusion. Oh, I do not think you are dense at all thank you for your questions.

Several have mentioned the score my friend Darin is very talented, when I had the edit ready he came and sat next to the computer and watched the film and wrote the music as it was shown on the monitor. I recorded each take as the film played, we did several takes and when he was happy that’s the take I used. He told me I should find someone more talented, I think I did just fine.

One more time, thank you for your comments they will all help make my next film be a better one.

Bill

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!