DVC 6 Feedback - "Depths of SADness" - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!

Old August 22nd, 2006, 06:46 AM   #16
Trustee

John:

Not only a wonderful, emotional piece but you made good use of closeups (which gave me a closed in, depressed, claustrophobic feeling I bet not unlike SAD) and you taught me something. Thank you.

For a first timer you are well on your way my friend.
Old August 22nd, 2006, 05:32 PM   #17
Major Player

[QUOTE=Hugh DiMauro] Not only a wonderful, emotional piece but you made good use of closeups (which gave me a closed in, depressed, claustrophobic feeling I bet not unlike SAD) and you taught me something. Thank you.
QUOTE]

Ditto the closed in, depressed feeling.

The last shot with the strong key light and dark background was way cool.

Some of your handheld shots had a weird and interesting feeling to them. Extreme close with moving camera is not something you see a lot. I'm sticking your movie in a folder I use to study difference shots that interest me. I will rip off some of your camera techniques in the future, so I liked your film for that reason.

But if I have to watch the whole thing again, I better be drinking some of Dylan's scotch!

Great job for a first film, and keep making them!

Dick
Dick Mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2006, 08:47 PM   #18
Regular Crew

John, I wanted to go back and review the films again tonight and just wanted to add a couple of things. The movie flowed really well. Your transitions were excellent.

It was a moving. I liked it twice as much today as yesterday, and I think my favorite so far. Thumbs up.
Bruce Broussard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2006, 11:11 PM   #19
Major Player

This movie moved me too. The feelings of the main character were emoted and came through clearly. Nicely done John.
Dennis Khaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2006, 12:02 AM   #20
Regular Crew

Thank you all for the comments (Did I mention that yet?) I very much appreciate it.
John Brickner Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2006, 03:58 PM   #21
Regular Crew

I will keep my movie on my server for a few more days before I take it down. Again thank you all for the comments. This was very fun and I can't wait for DVC 7!
John Brickner Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2006, 04:29 PM   #22
Major Player

yeah, these are a blast to make. Looking forward to seeing yours on the next one.
Michael Fossenkemper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!