DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   DVC Feedback! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvc-feedback/)
-   -   DVC #6 - Hugh DiMauro (Supernatural unexplained Netherworld) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvc-feedback/74048-dvc-6-hugh-dimauro-supernatural-unexplained-netherworld.html)

Hugh DiMauro August 22nd, 2006 04:56 AM

DVC #6 - Hugh DiMauro (Supernatural unexplained Netherworld)

Okay guys. Radar lock... FIRE! On behalf of Korin, Ed and I, we hope this flick gives you food for thought.

Ed is the real deal, by the way and Korin, well, her work speaks volumes in itself.

Rob Lohman August 22nd, 2006 05:21 AM

Hahaha, I had a good laugh here. Funny work Hugh!

Justin Tomchuk August 22nd, 2006 06:31 AM

It's not what I expected, some cool and interesting footage in there as well.

Hugh DiMauro August 22nd, 2006 06:37 AM

It's actually a pseudo documentary showcasing the talents of psychic medium Ed Nardo. What you've seen is the tip of the iceberg conecrning the EVPs and ghost video he has on his hard drive. Blew me away.

William Gardner August 22nd, 2006 07:24 AM

I can't get to bluejeanvideo at all right now. Is the server down?

Bill

Lorinda Norton August 22nd, 2006 07:58 AM

Hi Bill,

Try www.bluejeanvideo.com/hd.htm. I just went there and everything was okay, but Dylan was having trouble yesterday, too. The other link posted isn't *quite* the right one, but that shouldn't matter--don't know what's up! ...or in this case....down. Sorry.

Lorinda Norton August 22nd, 2006 08:22 AM

Wow, Hugh, I'm glad I didn't watch this at night! :) That music is pretty spooky. Your friend did an excellent job.

I don't know what to believe about these things--probably because I haven't seen anything for myself. But I'm sure not going to sit here and say it isn't true. I just dunno...

Your titling enhanced the video a lot. That "Do you believe in ghosts" line sneaking up on me like that... :) Seriously, you did a wonderful job with it. It's all I can do to fill in the blanks on a simple credit roll.

Let me chew on this a while and get back to ya! Nice job!!!

p.s. to the rest of ya's: Yeah, it may have been hosted on my site, but I didn't peek!!! :)

Michael Fossenkemper August 22nd, 2006 08:24 AM

ummmm, scary short.

some cool looking photos. Don't know anything about this kind of thing but nicely done. The pacing was good for tension and drama. there was an audio dropout during the talking ghosts, not sure if that was intentional or something on my video. I liked the explinations of what we were seeing, just enough to let you know what you were looking for in each shot.

Very nicely done.

Now it's time to go check under my bed for orbs.

Hugh DiMauro August 22nd, 2006 08:48 AM

Thank You All...

The audio didn't drop. They were just two separate EVPs. Believe me when I say that Korin is feature film-quality scoring talent. Why she wastes her time with a schlub like me is beyond my comprehension. And Ed has an honest to goodness ability. Some of his other EVPs made me grow hair.

And he's the straight shootin'-est, no bull, irreverent, politically incorrect bloke you ever met. Gosh do I love him!

Lorinda, the titles and assembly are about all I contributed to this piece. So really, I'm not needed!

Sean McHenry August 22nd, 2006 09:13 AM

Hugh,
Nice. I have been interested in EVP for a few years now. You naturally are familiar with the Michael Keaton film then. We have several local groups here who are into this as well. I want to follow them around and hit a few spots eventually. "I ain't afraid of no ghosts."

So on the piece, the music is very much like the opening of 2001. Always loved that, a lot. I wish I knew some folks doing that sort of music. I would write some videos based on that vibe if I could find it. Does she do a lot of choral stuff? I may need to talk to this person one day.

Good stuff. Not just a good contest piece but interesting as well. At least to me.

And by the way, I also couldn't hit Lorindas site at all earlier today. Maybe bandwidth issues?

Sean

Lorinda Norton August 22nd, 2006 10:33 AM

I'll have to talk with Rich or Matt about this. I'm the weak link in the BJV chain. :) All I know is that, even though my stats show hardly a blip on the bandwidth usage for Hugh's movie, the red light's a blinkin' on the server load. So sorry, Hugh...I'll try to remedy this ASAP.

(Or maybe it's some of those ghosts...)

Hugh DiMauro August 22nd, 2006 11:06 AM

Sean, Your Thoughts Are Interesting...

Korin is such a great person that she would chomp at the bit to write music for any serious minded person on here who would like her work. She truly uses her gifts for all the right purposes and is eager to score movies, big and small. She is now a member of DV Info.

Ed is also a ghost hunter (and a DV Info member). He has officially made me part of his "team" and we have four haunted locations scheduled, the first being this Saturday. I've studied the paranormal since high school (back in the days of double knit polyester hound's tooth leisure suits) and I feel blessed having befriended Ed. Besides his abilities, he is a blast to hang around with. He has me in hysterics when he goes off on a tirade about life's injustices and people's thoughtlessness. I am actually making a documentary about him and incorporating these investigations into the movie. Keep your eyes posted for updates. (DV Info Ghost Hunters maybe? HAHAHAHAHA!)

Our old county courthouse is as haunted as all GET out and we'll be investigating that on Labor Day weekend (the sheriff's officers hated closing down the place at night. They always heard a crying woman, footsteps, water turning on and off, elevators going up and down with no one pushing the buttons, lights going on and off). I feel like Don Knotts in "The Ghost and Mr. Chicken."

Sean, why not dive in full ahead and do something with your video and your upcoming investigations?

Hugh DiMauro August 22nd, 2006 11:10 AM

Lorinda:

Believe it or not, Ed tells me that kind of stuff frequently happens when using ghost photos. Ha! He likes to quote why native Americans don't like their picture taken: Because they feel their souls will be trapped in the photo.

If this persists we may have to remove the post! (No kidding!)

Meryem Ersoz August 22nd, 2006 12:00 PM

mockumentary? documentary? it was a little hard for me to tell, until i read the thread and realized that hugh is a bona fide ghost buster....

and is that a tiny spectral rick bravo lurking about the edges of that one frame with the hanged man's legs? spooky!

John Brickner Jr August 22nd, 2006 12:00 PM

Ok, I watched this at 2:30 in the morning in the pitch black dark and the music literally gave me chills. I love the supernatural. It's a great subject. I would of had Ghostbusters tear it up though but thats just me lol.