DVC7-Bradley Marlow "PICKLES and BLACKJACK" - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old December 27th, 2006, 04:17 PM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley L Marlow
EXACTLY! :) Sorry if that didn't work for you but that was what we were going for. A bit of a twist.
Well then, it's not all bad. I wouldn't have gone the same way, but knowing now that you wanted it to look that way, I'd say you did a great job of it. Good work!
Robert Martens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2006, 04:26 PM   #17
Major Player

Thanks Robert,

I realize that much of filmmaking is subjective and as such, will never be embraced by all. Guess I can only hope that a majority of the viewers get the twists, turns and characters. However, if the majority can't relate at all, I need to ask myself some hard questions. Something I'm not afraid to do.

You bring up valid points and thoughts and I'm serious when I say "thank you" as it helps me examine the work through a new set of eyes.

Best wishes~
Bradley
Bradley L Marlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2006, 09:23 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Hey Bradley just stopping in to say how much I liked your film.
You know how to tell an interesting story. I liked the crazy over the top dialouge and I realised the second or third time I watched it that the gun was sitting right next to the candle. A bit of foreshadowing always works out nicely. :)

Oh and thanks to your trailer shaking scene, people will finally be able to forget when I had a guy humping a stuffed fish in my "Reflections" entry.

Good cinematography,Multiple killings, Random drunk lady :P
That's some good old entertainment right there.

I liked the actors a lot, they seem to me like a real annoying couple, but it works out in a good way. I wanna know what Pickles smells like after a killing. The drunk lady at the end surprised me, but I guess they deserved it for killing the jolly couple on Christmas :)

The film has a nice Christmas feel to it. I loved hearing "Silent Night."
Its probably the most christmasy feeling I had this year since I had to spend Christmas away from my family for the first time.

Good work Bradley...Keep it up!
Darryl Ahye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2006, 10:39 PM   #19
Inner Circle

Bradley:

Nice friendly couple. Reminded me of that couple in the Woody Harrelson movie... damned if I can remember the name. Anyway, kind of cold blooded. I did watch the movie twice, but I lost track of what was memories, and what was present. Got confused as to whether couple is actually talking from inside trailer. Was obvious that inside shots were of larger space, so I guessed that was present better circumstances, but they did the same thing on one of those spoof movies too, had a big Taj Mahal in a little trailer. Finally, did not get connection of the final shooter and perhaps there wasn't one other than just plain and simple Karma... Great camera work though out.
Old December 28th, 2006, 12:12 AM   #20
Major Player

Thank you Darryl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ahye
Hey Bradley just stopping in to say how much I liked your film. Oh and thanks to your trailer shaking scene, people will finally be able to forget when I had a guy humping a stuffed fish in my "Reflections" entry.
lol Darryl! Thanks so much for all the comments. You have me crackin' up over here...much appreciated.

Darryl, I don't think anyone who watched your film with the guy doinkin' the stuffed fish will EVER forget it! Unfortunately, no one who ever sees my short film will EVER think that was ME in the trailer. Hmmmmmm..........

Best wishes~
Bradley
Old December 28th, 2006, 12:22 AM   #21
Major Player

Thank you Chris B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos
Bradley:

Nice friendly couple. Reminded me of that couple in the Woody Harrelson movie... damned if I can remember the name.
Natural Born Killers and Oliver Stone? I think that is the one you are referring to. Yeah, they are kinda like that. Sick puppies at the height of their insanity meeting fate/karma in 3 minutes or less...lol

That you very much for the comments. I appreciate it very much!

Best wishes~
Bradley
Old December 28th, 2006, 10:31 AM   #22
Wrangler

bradley marlow is without a doubt the finest filmmaker wyoming has ever produced!

err, the only filmmaker wyoming has ever produced?

my only disappointment was the end. i thought the whole thing was funny in a "badlands" kind of way...but it fell off at the end, it needed more from the killer's killer. i think it is that the couple's dialogue is so funny and over-the-top, and she is so muted that it falls off.... i guffawed out loud when they knocked over that christmas tree. funny stuff.

and is that my imagination, or was that a corona she was drinking? corona? corona?? what kind of bad-ass hard-as-nails trailer trash serial killer drinks corona? that's what we call narrative slippage! where's the colt .45 when you need it?

fun, as ever, to take a trip through quirky-land with you, bradley.....
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2006, 11:56 AM   #23
Major Player

Thank you Meryem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meryem Ersoz
bradley marlow is without a doubt the finest filmmaker wyoming has ever produced! err, the only filmmaker wyoming has ever produced?

and is that my imagination, or was that a corona she was drinking? corona? corona?? what kind of bad-ass hard-as-nails trailer trash serial killer drinks corona? that's what we call narrative slippage! where's the colt .45 when you need it?

fun, as ever, to take a trip through quirky-land with you, bradley.....
Thank you for all the comments Meryem. You made my day!

"I have narrative slippage? Egads. Does it show?!?"

Not your imagination at all. It was indeed a corona and yes, we could have roughed her up heven more. Maybe a Shirley Temple would have done the trick? :)

Best wishes~
Bradley
Old December 28th, 2006, 01:12 PM   #24
Regular Crew

Great job Bradley. I thought the story concept was great, and the random drunken lady singing a Christmas carol was gold.

I agree that the sound had some hangups, but I'm willing to bet it was due to the mics you had on hand and you can't really be blamed for that.
Alex T. Hurter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2006, 07:19 PM   #25
Major Player

Thank you Alex

I sure appreciate the comments and am real happy you liked the film. Much appreciated!

Best wishes~
Bradley
Old December 29th, 2006, 10:45 PM   #26
Regular Crew

Good job making a humorous film! Your dialogue and your actors really made it work...Sometimes funny ends up coming off as lame if not executed correctly...Your film, however, does not have that problem! You and your team totally pulled it off!

Nice cinematography too!
Jamey Hastings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2006, 03:32 AM   #27
Major Player

Thank you Jamey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamey Hastings
Good job making a humorous film! Your dialogue and your actors really made it work...Sometimes funny ends up coming off as lame if not executed correctly...Your film, however, does not have that problem! You and your team totally pulled it off! Nice cinematography too!
Thanks for the comments Jamey. I really appreciate it and happy you liked the film.

Am looking forward to seeing yours and hope it will be posted today.

Best wishes~
Bradley
Old December 30th, 2006, 05:30 PM   #28
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley L Marlow
Am looking forward to seeing yours and hope it will be posted today.
Maybe tomorrow...:-)
Jamey Hastings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2006, 02:28 PM   #29
Major Player

Hey Jamey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamey Hastings
Maybe tomorrow...:-)
Looks like your big day has arrived. I'm going to watch your film and will comment on your thread.

Best wishes,
Bradley
Old January 1st, 2007, 01:25 AM   #30
Major Player

That's one wild ride for three minutes. LOL I like your style, maybe not your content so much with the killings but you've definatly got style. It may not be my favorite genre but you guys sure seem to have fun with it and I like that.
Dennis Khaye is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!