DVC7-Bradley Marlow "PICKLES and BLACKJACK" - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!

Old January 1st, 2007, 01:28 AM   #31
Trustee

Sicker 'n Hell...

...Funnier 'n Hell...

Kept me guessing the whole way through what was coming next.

Very jumpy continuity, but that obviously was deliberate to keep the viewer disjointed and present the story your way.

It worked.

I don't get as nitpicky as some others when watching something. I feel they are the ones telling the story and I'm just along for the ride.

I think your actors portrayed their characters very colorfully and I was entertained. What you did all "hung together" and told it your way.

Bruce
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2007, 01:47 PM   #32
Major Player

Thank you Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Khaye
That's one wild ride for three minutes. LOL I like your style...
lol...I appreciate your comments. Happy New Year!

Best wishes~
Bradley
Bradley L Marlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2007, 01:52 PM   #33
Major Player

Thank you Bruce F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Foreman
Sicker 'n Hell...

...Funnier 'n Hell...

Kept me guessing the whole way through what was coming next...I think your actors portrayed their characters very colorfully and I was entertained...Bruce
Thank you for the comments Bruce. I know my friend Wally who was my Assistant Director and 2nd Camera on this film will absolutely LOVE this. Hahahaahaa.

My actors will be thrilled with your comments too. Thank you.

Happy New Year to you and yours Bruce and thank you for your service!

Best wishes~
Bradley
Old January 1st, 2007, 11:42 PM   #34
Major Player

1) Sick'n'Twisted and I loved that
2) The camera movements were so right for the scene, the way they panned over the pieces of them laying there made me feel dirty or something. I thought it was perfect use of camera movement to induce emotion.

I think the final lady entering was rushed, for as great as the main portion was, I think that if you gave this scene a little more time on the shot/pacing around the bodies/etc. rather than jumping to the beer. I think sitting there with the beer on the cu was too fast without dialog to get to know her. Just my thought though, but really a SICK story! And extremely high production quality.
Brent Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2007, 02:48 PM   #35
Major Player

Typical warped Bradley (which I know he'll take as the compliment it's meant to be). Good editing. Good lighting, even in the dark outdoors, which can be very tough. Could have paced a little quicker, which I only say because my mind started wandering to how the other downloads were doing during the middle of it, so it wasn't holding my attention as well as it might have. Definitely loved the ending, not just that they got shot, but shot by some crazy drunk lady is perfect.

Smile,
Kris
Kris Holodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2007, 08:18 AM   #36
Trustee

I'm sure it would get a favorable rating from Joe Bob Briggs. Trailer Park - check. Multiple shotgun murder - check. Beer - check. Looks like all you needed in there was something about a murdering reindeer. That sounds familiar... Oh yeah.

So, nice. I'm not able to spend the technical time on reviews I would like in this round since there are so many entries but overall, I like the story. But if you know what I like, that figures.

To follow another comment, I have heard about those wild Idaho Hill folk. We go around that state. (Lorinda bait)

nice cast of weirdos. Good job.

Sean McHenry

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2007, 02:02 PM   #37
Major Player

Thank you Brent - Kris - Sean

Brent - Thank you for your comments. Sick N Twisted is quite a departure from your sweet and caring film, huh? Glad we could "make you feel dirty". I really appreciate all your thoughts.

Kris- Thank you for your comments and I'm glad you liked the ending too. Warped huh? lol...probably just a tad. NCC-1701 to the rescue!

Sean- Thank you for the comments too. The Joe Bob Briggs comment cracks me up. A dead reindeer would have been perfect. Yes- Must be very careful of People from Spudville. Muhaaaahaaaahaaaa!

I appreciate each of you taking time to post here.

Best wishes~
Bradley
Old January 3rd, 2007, 02:20 PM   #38
Major Player

I just want you to know that I've been craving a pancake breakfast for two weeks now.
Michael Fossenkemper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!