DVC7 - Bruce Foreman - Lucky One - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old January 1st, 2007, 03:25 AM   #16
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Foreman
I just discovered this subforum.
That's funny! You know, earlier tonight when I saw you'd posted on the other subforum I almost asked if you'd seen your feedback thread. It's good that you were able to see the comments and know how much you are appreciated!

Thank you for your service. I'm about to find out what it's like to be an Army mom; my son will be commissioned in May and then...well, you know the drill.

Looks like you've been working your way through all the entries. Hope you're having a great time! :)
Old January 2nd, 2007, 03:46 PM   #17
Major Player

Nice walking shot, and good camera moves when used. The exposure on the outdoor shots seemed inconsistant, like you irised down when you reset after the car. (Personally, I like the car exposure better.) I'm not sure the christmas lights at the end were entirely necessary to the story, but I might feel differently about that if I were watching it at some time when my own tree wasn't still up. The explosions looked nice in and of themselves, but the placement of them seemed a bit floating in space. Maybe that's realistic - I'm fortunate enough not to know - but it felt a bit random to me. Nice job over all. Good pacing, the story plays out well.

Smile,
Kris
Kris Holodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2007, 08:37 AM   #18
Trustee

I liked the interesting idea of doing the mini movie and then a sort of documentary around that. Good idea. The outside shots at the chopper make it for me.

Nice.

Served 7 years in the Ohio Air and Army National Guard units. When the first Gulf thing happened, I re-upped for a 1 year deal in case they needed me. They didn't at that time. Carried an M-203 for a few years. Interesting weapon.

Sean

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2007, 12:36 PM   #19
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton

I'm about to find out what it's like to be an Army mom; my son will be commissioned in May and then...well, you know the drill.
Good luck to him (and you at being an Army mom).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton

Looks like you've been working your way through all the entries. Hope you're having a great time! :)
Oh yeah. It's like getting to look through someone else's eyes for a change. We don't get to do that very often and I enjoy the experience. Sometimes it's almost like a mini-vacation.
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2007, 06:31 PM   #20
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean McHenry
I liked the interesting idea of doing the mini movie and then a sort of documentary around that. Good idea. The outside shots at the chopper make it for me.

Rare feedback from me. :)
The outside shots made this for me. I would have considered cutting the minimovie at the start out of it completely and just focusing on the documentary side, there was so much more there to eplore and expand. The footage at the beginning just didn't have the emotion attached to it that the rest of it did. Just my thoughts.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!