DVC#7 - Meet The Rod - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old January 1st, 2007, 11:45 PM   #16
Major Player

This could literally be a sitcom!

These guys have so much character and the way they piece together a story (even with differing perspectives of it) makes for a really funny short. I'd like to see these guys recall other moments! Maybe that time when Rod drank the water down in Tijuana!!! Hahaha.
Brent Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2007, 11:57 PM   #17
Trustee

Bruce, Dennis and Brent:

What a pleasant surprise to see even more feedback! Thank you, fellows, for a great Christmas present this year. You know, when I post the outtakes I will include the footage that never made the cut due to time constraints. Did you know that Charlie (the guy at the restaurant counter) tortured poor Bob with months worth of magazine subscriptions sent to his house in phony names that made fun of Bob's, er, girth. And these magazines covered topics that Bob despised. I won't give them away but you'll see. Brent, you are not too far off the mark with that Tijuana reference. Bob is quite a character, always the center of attention and the brunt of everybody's jokes (in an affectionate sort of way).

I thank everybody for the positive feedback and am glad everyone had a good laugh. These guys really are nuts. But then again, what do you expect from cops?
Old January 2nd, 2007, 12:00 AM   #18
Major Player

They're cops?!

Oh that has to be a tv show!!!
Brent Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2007, 10:31 AM   #19
Trustee

Oh Yes. Cops.

Charlie just retired after 30 years on the job. Bob is currently a sergeant with 30 years getting ready to pull the pin. John and I are still hanging on for another three years until the 25 mark. I can speak for all of us when I say that being a cop has been a blast (although lately things have changed dramatically, and not for the best).

Thank goodness for the DV Challenge, eh?
Old January 2nd, 2007, 10:56 AM   #20
Major Player

That was funny! and familiar, in a couple ways... one the standard pull my finger, but I had a roommate in college who used to tend bar at the LibraryII on rt 73 about that time. thanks for the memories!!
Bill Mecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2007, 12:24 PM   #21
Trustee

I ate at the II. It didn't hit my hot button. :-( Do you realize that every time I dine at the III I think of this little incident?
Old January 2nd, 2007, 12:40 PM   #22
Major Player

I could only think it would! LOL

I was only at the II a couple times, mostly because Sean was tending bar hic!
Bill Mecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2007, 04:14 PM   #23
Major Player

That was really funny. I'm assuming unscripted, which makes it even better. Though if it was scripted then it was well written and well acted. A couple of picky things: the sound was a bit low, and not even among them. The light was also a bit hot on Charlie. If there had been room (and I'd bet from the space that there wasn't) to pull the instrument back a foot or so it would have helped.

Smile,
Kris
Kris Holodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2007, 04:29 PM   #24
Trustee

Laughted my butt off, even my wife liked it. Great work. Bob
Bob Safay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2007, 07:43 PM   #25
Trustee

Bill: If you ever visit the III in Egg Harbor TWP walk through the middle dining room on your way to the salad bar and check out the crime scene. Pretty morbid thought, like how people visit the Marshall, Garden State Parkway murder scene from the book and movie "Blind Faith."

Kris: Part scripted (when the dialog went where I didn't want it to go) and mostly recollections. Yes, the sound and lighting were way unbalanced. Poor Charlie got a tan from my SV 500 watter that was as far back as it could go because I had to shoe horn it behind the counter.

Bob: If you think that was funny, check out my soon-to-be-posted outtake and "Too Gross For The DV Challenge" extras! Hee hee hee! Beware! My obnoxious background cackling is annoying as all GET out!
Old January 3rd, 2007, 12:04 PM   #26
Trustee

Hugh, well done. I liked the buildup and frankly was praying it went another direction but -

Shot well, interesting angles, edited together well and lit pretty good too.

Another one of my favorites.

Sean

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2007, 01:00 PM   #27
Trustee

Sean:

Thank you for making "Meet The Rod" another one of your favorites. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending upon your POV), with good old Bob, it usually goes in that direction. But really, I could have lit the locations better. As far as the angles, I was at the mercy of my existing "sets." I have much work to do! Thanks again for you kind review.
Old January 9th, 2007, 06:19 PM   #28
Wrangler

I don't usually post feedback, but I really enjoyed this one Hugh. Ok, the production value could have been tweaked and it could have been cut a little tighter, but what is important to me is that it got my attention (slowly at first) and then drew me in to the point where I HAD to know what they were talking about. Nicely done, it'll stand out as one of my favorites of DVC7.
Old January 10th, 2007, 06:29 AM   #29
Trustee

Thank You, Dylan!

I appreciate your kind words. I even hope you laughed out loud which is why I made that movie.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!