DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   DVC Feedback! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvc-feedback/)
-   -   DVC 7 - Lorinda Norton "Memoirs of a DVC Diva" (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvc-feedback/82629-dvc-7-lorinda-norton-memoirs-dvc-diva.html)

Lorinda Norton December 28th, 2006 12:28 AM

DVC 7 - Lorinda Norton "Memoirs of a DVC Diva"

Forgive me for not shooting a story this time—this was the fall-back when my main man Mason couldn’t commit to a movie. It turned out way more personal than what I intended; generally, I don’t get very sentimental or nostalgic.

The only new footage in this deal includes the re-enactment in the music store and the commentary. Talk about taking advantage of the loosened rule on using old material! That part would have been a breeze if somebody had archived her movies properly. Recapturing is not all that fun… :)

If it weren’t for our Challenge guy Dylan starting this whole thing I never would have considered shooting little movies, so perhaps you can blame him that I got hooked and am here time after time. ;) My hope is that the review brought back a fun memory or two for old DV Info pals, and provided a little entertainment for new ones. Thanks for watching.

Rob Lohman December 28th, 2006 01:09 AM

Wouldn't be the same without you Lorinda, can't wait to see it!

Dylan Couper December 28th, 2006 11:57 AM

Well you've certainly got MY vote! :)

Plus you've already won the coveted "Dylan's Favorite Title" trophy!*

And for what it's worth, I think "Last Words" from DVC3 is possibly my personal favorite entry of all.... "HEP" still makes me laugh!

D

*trophy does not exist outside Dylan's head.

Bradley L Marlow December 28th, 2006 12:06 PM

Yay Lorinda!

Hi Lorinda,

This piece makes me go awwww! What a great bunch of memories all blended terrifically by a most beautiful and classy host...Lorinda Norton. The DV Diva you most certainly are!

I will never know why you don't spend more time in FRONT of the camera. The world would look a lot sweeter if you did.

Well done and bravo!

Best wishes~
Bradley

PS:How about that fantastic pink robe?

Chris Barcellos December 28th, 2006 12:25 PM

Nice historical background for those of us relatively new to the scene. I came in at the time you did the chimney movie and loved it.

So now I fieel like we have a history of DVC.

Michael Fossenkemper December 28th, 2006 12:37 PM

That was great. It's a fantastic look back at all th DVC's you've done. I thought I saw them all, but the french one was new to me, so I hunted it down and watched it. You definately should be infront of the camera more, you seem pretty comfortable with it. Really great piece.

Lorinda Norton December 28th, 2006 01:11 PM

Wow! So it doesn’t necessarily take “hard stuff” to bribe Dylan, hmm? I just saved a bunch of money! LOL! And I’m honored to get the title trophy this time around! Dylan and Rob….two of my all-time faves… :)

About the bathrobe, that scene was shot at 4 am on the deadline day, so that was truly my attire and the whole tired bit was real. With all the darn traffic on this highway where I live, I’d had a terrible time sneaking lines in between cars—really frustrating. So if I look at ease in front of the camera I must be better at acting than I thought! ;) Brad…thank you for the nice words. After all the fun “crap” we two neighbors toss back and forth it made me feel good. :)

I'm sure glad all you guys are here; the Challenge wouldn't be nearly as much fun without you.

Darryl Ahye December 28th, 2006 02:08 PM

Group hug!!

Nice sentimental piece Lorinda,
I remember when I first found out about DVC, you were the reigning champ. It was cool to see the snippets of your past films, and if you ever need help with After Effects, I'll be sure to lend you a hand.

Meryem Ersoz December 28th, 2006 02:12 PM

that was fun!

it kind of shows what can happen when you stick it out and enter each and every one of these fiendish contests--and also complete them, as lorinda has. it's amazing what can happen when you just keep at it, consistently over time.

congratulations, good show.

Lorinda Norton December 28th, 2006 02:50 PM

Meryem, I'm not sure that in this case longevity and persistence has yielded much in the way of progress. LOL! But thanks--you always put a smile on my face with your comments.

Hey, Darryl! Be careful about offers like yours--I may just take you up on it!!! Thanks! :)

Robert Martens December 28th, 2006 04:31 PM

Now why would you want to "skip" Under Wraps? It was one of the best entries in DVC 2, if I say so myself. And I do.

As for this, I do think it's a bit funny to be reminiscing about something that started less than two years ago, and I also think you need to speak a bit louder (or move the mic closer, whichever), but it was a nice walk down memory lane, and a good boot in the rear for the rest of us slackers. You're seven for seven, how many of us can say that?

Michael Fossenkemper December 28th, 2006 04:38 PM

wait JUST a minute. Hold Your horses. did I read the credits correctly? That's YOU singing the end song???

Lorinda Norton December 28th, 2006 04:49 PM

Heh heh heh... :)

Michael Fossenkemper December 28th, 2006 07:46 PM

A singing DVC Diva, well what do you know. I'm sure you have more songs up your sleeves?!? Sure helps in getting clearance's. hahaha

Darryl Ahye December 28th, 2006 07:48 PM

Quote:

Hey, Darryl! Be careful about offers like yours--I may just take you up on it!!! Thanks! :)
You're welcome Lorinda
Please do. :)