DVC 7 - "Intersection" - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old December 29th, 2006, 06:49 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Alex -

Okay so I totally understood your film the first time I saw it and I thought it was great! Its definately something that I think has happened to us all...seeing some one walking down the street or at a store that we recognize, but can't quite place...We run through a bunch of options in our mind and sometimes we come up with who they are and sometimes we don't...Totally relatable!

I didn't notice that it was a completely different girl at the end, though...but then I'm not sure it matters...Its just as effective if you think its the girl he's trying to remember and she walks right past him...you wonder if he knows her at all!

You had some awesome cinematography too! The only shot that bothered me a little bit was the wide shot of the street with the sun flares...perhaps because it was the only shot like that...other than that awesome job! Can't wait to see what you guys do next!

-Jamey-
Jamey Hastings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2007, 02:12 AM   #17
Major Player

Wow you got me with that one. I watched it four times before I noticed the different actress in the end. Very nice job.
Dennis Khaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2007, 03:36 PM   #18
Trustee

I had to watch it several times also. And each time I think I saw new things I had missed previously.

I think the acting and camera work fully supported the story concept, and the editing made it flow well. Very simple approach with no dialog or music necessary, facial expression and pace told the story.

Bruce
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2007, 11:48 PM   #19
Major Player

This short had an advertisement quality about it. I think that's a good thing. I guess someone said it, the way you told this story without words but said so much about their relationship. I think that is pretty cool. Very nice work.

Now I'm worrying that if I find myself on an intersection I'll have this same dilemma! But knowing my dumb@$$, I'd probably tap her on the shoulder and try to get her number again! Haha.
Brent Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2007, 03:59 PM   #20
Major Player

That's great. She wasn't any of the people he remembered, was she? A complete story in a minute and a half, with no dialog, very impressive. I'm not sure if you were aiming for the sun specks in that one shot across the intersection or if you just got unlucky with the time of day that ended up being. I'd have avoided it myself, but some things can't be avoided.

Smile,
Kris
Kris Holodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2007, 11:38 AM   #21
Trustee

I initially took it as not a memory but a possible projection of future events. How many times have we all slipped into our Walter Mitty suits and walked down the street imagining we saw our next great love. We project in those few seconds way into the future to see ourselves together with this person, what our lives are like, what the children might look like and what we would be doing in 20 years. Then the light turns green and we walk past each other.

That's a good story idea either way and I like it.

Looked good. Thanks for that nice little story.

Sean

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2007, 11:45 AM   #22
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean McHenry
We project in those few seconds way into the future to see ourselves together with this person, what our lives are like, what the children might look like and what we would be doing in 20 years. Then the light turns green and we walk past each other.

Sean
That's not at all how I took it, but what a great interpretation. Reminds me of a song one of my favorite local folkies did called 30 Second Love Affair.

Thanks for giving me a new way to look. It's one of the things I like best about the feedback threads.

Smile,
Kris
Kris Holodak is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!