DVC #7 - Mike Teutsch - "Fading" at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!

Old December 30th, 2006, 09:20 AM   #1
Inner Circle

DVC #7 - Mike Teutsch - "Fading"

Ok, testing Dylans theory here, shorter is best! I liked the theme and thought of a way to make it short, sweet, and to the point.

By myself again, so couldn't pull off some of the things I had planned, but got it done.

It is a serious topic, so whether you like my movie or not, please support and give to the cause.

If you like it, thank you very much. If you didn't, I did not make you suffer long, just 50 seconds.

I probably won't win, with so many great entries this time, but I had my cake and got to eat it too! :)

Thanks to all------Mike
Old December 30th, 2006, 10:56 AM   #2
Trustee

Holy cow, Mike! One powerful message! "Somebody turn out the lights!" The symbolism just blew me away. Man, Mike, this was one awesome short. The voice overs were perfect and not one bit contrived. Your acting and filmmaking range is amazing.
Old December 30th, 2006, 11:05 AM   #3
Major Player

Mike,

It's a wonderful cause that is so often overlooked. Thank you.

You're audio levels were perfect.
Brent Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2006, 11:20 AM   #4
Major Player

I thought it was great. Very powerful and to the point. You should pitch this to an Alzheimer's organization to see if they would like to use it.
Michael Fossenkemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2006, 11:25 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Fossenkemper
I thought it was great. Very powerful and to the point. You should pitch this to an Alzheimer's organization to see if they would like to use it.
Already in the works, I have a friend who knows persons at the local chapter of the Alzheimers Organization, and a friend who works at a local County run TV station.

Thanks for your kind words.

Mike
Old December 30th, 2006, 11:40 AM   #6
Wrangler

Gosh, Mike...you made me cry! This short is incredibly impressive--a total package. The look, YOUR ACTING, the great audio...the message.

If I didn't know you I'd think this was a powerful PSA. Because we're friends I am completely in awe of your acting abilities (your choice of shirts with it buttoned clear to the top was perfect), plus the way you orchestrated the audio. And that simple, small cake with one lone candle said so much.

Well done, Mike.
Old December 30th, 2006, 11:46 AM   #7
Inner Circle

Thank you my friend.
Old December 30th, 2006, 12:18 PM   #8
Wrangler

Let me add my congratulations also, Mike. Great message, audio mix was spot on, etc. I would love to see your work get turned into a PSA.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2006, 12:35 PM   #9
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Teutsch
Already in the works, I have a friend who knows persons at the local chapter of the Alzheimers Organization, and a friend who works at a local County run TV station.

Thanks for your kind words.

Mike

That's awesome, I emailed the link to my dad who's very involved with an Alzheimer organization in AZ. I just lost my grandmother to this horrible disease so it really hit home so to speak.
Michael Fossenkemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2006, 12:49 PM   #10
Major Player

Hi Mike T

Very well done!

I thought your acting was terrific! Your choice of one shot and then the tight framing with the eyes rolling at the end worked very well. It brings the message home in a simple yet effective way...empathy/sympathy.

Bravo

Best wishes~
Bradley

PS: Doing all that yourself, it's no wonder why we didn't see the Teutschy-Pushy Dolly in action.
Bradley L Marlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2006, 01:16 PM   #11
Regular Crew

Mike I'm speechless. Excellent job.
Alex T. Hurter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2006, 01:20 PM   #12
Wrangler

Hey Brad, Mike has used his dolly before when shooting himself in a movie. You should see the contraption he built--it's cool!!! I used the dolly Mike sent to me while shooting myself this time but it didn't make the cut. My method wasn't nearly as sophisticated as Mike's; I just had a string tied from the dolly to my foot and drug it in! :)
Old December 30th, 2006, 01:22 PM   #13
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton
Hey Brad, Mike has used his dolly before when shooting himself in a movie. You should see the contraption he built--it's cool!!! I used the dolly Mike sent to me while shooting myself this time but it didn't make the cut. My method wasn't nearly as sophisticated as Mike's; I just had a string tied from the dolly to my foot and drug it in! :)
Any idea where some pictures of this rig might be?
Alex T. Hurter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2006, 01:24 PM   #14
Wrangler

Yep, it's posted somewhere on this forum already. If Mike doesn't get back here soon, I'll sniff it out for you and post the link when I get a little time. :)
Old December 30th, 2006, 01:26 PM   #15
Major Player

Hi Alex and Lorinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton
Yep, it's posted somewhere on this forum already. If Mike doesn't get back here soon, I'll sniff it out for you and post the link when I get a little time. :)
Here you go: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=81269

Look at the 6th post and you will see the picture. He's donating this, plus his tripod, camera, dolly track and a whole bunch of other stuff to the winner of dvc #7! (jk)

Best wishes,
Bradley
Bradley L Marlow is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!