DVC7 - Gabriel & Kenneth Yeager, "Delusional Larpers" - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old January 1st, 2007, 12:45 AM   #16
Trustee

To me the camera work looked pretty good and the music choice really helped set the mood.

For a first work that you submitted for judging and review I think you guys did good. The visuals worked, continuity and flow (which is really hard to make work in a 3 minute limit) went smoothly.

Audio was mentioned by others, all I'll try to do is offer tips. If you're stuck with the onboard built in mic or are doing a voiceover try to boost the voice level in your editor. Don't know what you have available but some editors allow you to boost or reduce the audio track to some extent as needed. I assume you music track is separate and although you didn't have a music level problem here be aware that in future projects you want to insure your music does not overpower your other audio.

Keep with it and I'll bet we see you guys come up with better and better stuff. I'm 68 now and would sure like to be able to go back to your age with the gear and opportunity we have now.

Live it to the hilt, guys!

Bruce Foreman
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2007, 06:07 PM   #17
Wrangler

So…are there any LARPers who aren’t delusional to one degree or another? (I'm kidding, of course!) :)

That was lots of fun, Gabriel. Next time you’ll have that audio monster slain, and I’ll be able to laugh at lines like, “It was just us swinging our PVC sabers around in the street like the dorks we are.” LOL!!!
Old January 1st, 2007, 07:05 PM   #18
Major Player

lol, I think you are right, there is no larpers that are not delusional to one way or another. haha.

Thanks, Lorinda. That would be ideal. :)

Quote:
Live it to the hilt, guys!
My favorite quote from this thread...

Thanks everyone!
~Gabriel

PS: I am trying to watch everyones videos and leave feedback to them all!
Old January 1st, 2007, 11:25 PM   #19
Major Player

I really liked the idea of this one. I'm kind of a geek, not into larping but I definitely know that us engineer types can really get into big 'debates' on accurate details...

It was cool that you included this 'geek accuracy' as I'll call it in the memory section, I've found that to be true in my life!!!

Haha,

Very fun

10 points to the first person who adds 'light saber' effects to this one!!!*

*points are not redeemable
Brent Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2007, 11:35 PM   #20
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Graham

Attempting to add lightsaber effects is why compromises in the audio were made. I had been working on adding the lightsaber effects when I did the math and realized that it would have been impossible for me to finish the effects in enough time for the contest. But even with that realization we were quite pressed for time, and scrapping the lightsaber effects, we still had to rush the overall project.
Kenneth Yeager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2007, 11:37 PM   #21
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Graham

Lol, thanks! We started to ad the lightsaber effects, but then Kenneth did the math and found out that it would take 8 hours to do it. and we only had 6. and it took about 2 hours to get a "good" version of the video that could get downloaded without waiting forever. So yeah, maybe some time we will go back over and do that...

Thanks for the comments!
~Gabriel
Old January 2nd, 2007, 11:40 AM   #22
Regular Crew

Keep up the good work guys, then you guys can be the Yeager Bros. :P
Check out videocopilot.net if you haven't already...amongst the multitude of after effects tutorials there are some light saber tutorial videos that might intrigue you.
Darryl Ahye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2007, 08:38 AM   #23
Trustee

That was fun and for those of us out there that are real freaking old, we remember D&D and sitting up till about 3am rolling 20 sided dice. Been a long time since those days but I remember them.

Looks like you did have fun and you are learning. If you want to do this film and video thing for long, you'll notice you get much better really fast because of these little challenges. The fantastic prizes are a great bonus but we would probably all be here anyway, practicing and learning how to do all this better.

Keep at it guys. You have a good start.

Sean

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!