DVC #8 - Bradley L. Marlow - "The Giggle Tube" at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old April 30th, 2007, 05:24 PM   #1
Major Player

DVC #8 - Bradley L. Marlow - "The Giggle Tube"

A minimalist approach: thinking a hearty laugh or two is always good for the soul. Let's hope this one is infectious. :)

Looking forward to seeing your films.

Best wishes~
Bradley

PS: Better to submit a film than to swing from the shamers gallows. Eh matey?
Bradley L Marlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2007, 09:25 AM   #2
Wrangler

Hey Bradley, it was good to meet you at NAB. Thanks again for everything!

Good luck in DVC 8,

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2007, 12:48 PM   #3
Major Player

Hey Greg! Nice meeting you too. It was my pleasure. I was thrilled to finally meet so may of the great folks from DVInfo.net.

Best wishes~
Bradley
Old May 11th, 2007, 10:31 AM   #4
Trustee

My first thought was a safer version of “Jackass.” I expected more visual antics! What happened? Your funny opening prepared me for (hopefully) continuing, escalating hijinks but you switched up to audio instead. Gosh, Brad. I really wanted to see more of you and Wally and expected continued, visual hilarity. I really wanted to see more more more but you toned it down towards the end. I hope you and Wally return and spend more screen time. I liked your stylized visuals.
Old May 11th, 2007, 10:49 AM   #5
Trustee

I agree with Hugh

Is there any such thing as a "safer" version of "Jackass"?

Like Hugh, I wanted to see more of you and Wally. You had a good start there.
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2007, 11:11 AM   #6
Regular Crew

LOL I'm going to join the club and say...I too would've loved to see more of you and Wally...haha! It was totally one of those things you'd see randomly flipping the channels early in the morning or late at night and it's just so lame that it's facinating...I figured that's what you were going for there.

I love the audio where he just can't stop laughing and everytime he tries to say something else, he just starts laughing again. hehe I love when I have those kinds of moments! :)

On a random side note...I clicked on your myspace profile briefly and noted the maroon5 song...lol good choice!
Jamey Hastings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2007, 03:53 PM   #7
Major Player

Enjoyed the stuff with you and Wally! The audio part where we're staring at a still of a TV wasn't nearly as captivating for me, but I can appreciate what you did, how you did it, and why you did it.

Next time, more of you and Wally!!!! :)

Bill
William Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2007, 04:36 PM   #8
Trustee

Jamie: You have something there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamey Hastings View Post
LOL I'm going to join the club and say...I too would've loved to see more of you and Wally...haha! It was totally one of those things you'd see randomly flipping the channels early in the morning or late at night and it's just so lame that it's facinating...I figured that's what you were going for there.

I love the audio where he just can't stop laughing and everytime he tries to say something else, he just starts laughing again. hehe I love when I have those kinds of moments! :)

On a random side note...I clicked on your myspace profile briefly and noted the maroon5 song...lol good choice!
Jamie is correct! That flipping through the channels idea, a-la "Groove Tube" would have made this incredibly funny. We wanna see Wally and Brad.

Last edited by Hugh DiMauro; May 12th, 2007 at 07:16 AM.
Hugh DiMauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2007, 04:51 PM   #9
Major Player

I have to second everyone's sentiments.

But Brad & Wally was funny. And clear! What camera did you use?
Brent Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2007, 09:27 PM   #10
Major Player

However....I did like the use of the TV skin. I think you should have kept the skin on during the live action sequence the whole time, it would have given it the old "He-Haw" sort of feel.

By the way...did you happen to run out of time/content to complete the entry?...that was the feeling I had, or perhaps a gitch gone wrong somewhere on the computer and that would be the reason that you have only the TV showing during the audio portion...a last ditch effort to stay off the wall...comendable

Anyway to quote Hugh "more, more, more,"

and like you said at the end...at least you are not on the wall :)

Jeff
Old May 11th, 2007, 09:29 PM   #11
Major Player

Okay, I think we were all spoiled by the opener and we all wanted more of that. But in a strange way, I was captivated by just the human feel to the tv and its infectious laugh. So though I would also like to see more of you and Wally, I liked the way this piece played out, too. But definitely be sure to do more of the Wally and Brad show next time :)
Ruth Happel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2007, 12:15 PM   #12
Major Player

Thank you everyone!

I really appreciate your comments.

Do you think we should have more Wally and Brad? Lol.

Sorry. I realize that all my efforts prior to this entry had more development and effort behind them. Maybe it would have been better to swing from the shamers gallows.

Hugh: Thank you. :)

Bruce: Thank you. :)

Jamey: Glad you liked the laughter part. Maroon 5 fan too? Cool. Send me a friend request.

William: Thank you. :)

Jeff: There was no glitch with the TV 'skin'. Rather just a small voice coming out of the TV (after it had been turned off). The voice is actually me.

Side Note: If you listen carefully: I am actually trying to come up with an idea for a DVC movie. It is a rare moment to catch oneself laughing to hysterics. My sister thought, "Oh boy, Brad started drinking again".

My simple hope was that the laughing would cause laughing. While it had that affect on a few...I believe it missed the mark in this experiment.

Brent: The camera - You will love this! It is an old Canon Optura 20. 4:3 mode dedicated to Spudville.

Ruth: I'm glad it had that effect on you. This is more what I was hoping for.

Thank you kindly~
Old May 14th, 2007, 12:18 AM   #13
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley L Marlow View Post
Brent: The camera - You will love this! It is an old Canon Optura 20. 4:3 mode dedicated to Spudville.
Yes! Gotta get Spudville on the map somehow…

Maybe it’s because I know you pretty well, but the audio portion was contagious and had me giggling, too. I pictured you veering all over a deserted Wyoming road laughing you’re a** off at your own ideas..…doctor throws up an X-ray and tells the guy’s mom, “he’s only got half a brain!” Late night…way too much to think…I can picture it. :)

My very favorite part is your sideways face in the camera talking to us. I loved that. :)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!