DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   DVC Feedback! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvc-feedback/)
-   -   DVC8 - Mugurel Dragusin - My "TV" Set (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvc-feedback/92841-dvc8-mugurel-dragusin-my-tv-set.html)

Mugurel Dragusin April 30th, 2007 07:35 PM

DVC8 - Mugurel Dragusin - My "TV" Set

Here is my feedback thread, feel free to comment on my entry, make conversation but don't talk :P

Thanks for watching!

William Gardner May 9th, 2007 08:31 AM

Wow! Heck of a "one man show" entry! Funny performance, especially the subtle facial expressions at just the right time. Another entry that made me chuckle multiple times.

Bill

Ronn Kilby May 9th, 2007 08:41 AM

Charming, fun, quirky. It's simplicity belies its sophistication. Love the little laugh.

Chris Barcellos May 9th, 2007 09:02 AM

Mugurel: Brightened up my morning coffee. Actually got me chuckling pretty good. Simple premise but actually poking a lot of fun at TV in general. Nice one man....

Sean McHenry May 9th, 2007 09:04 AM

Reminded me a bit of the old Christopher Walken bits on Saturday Night Live - The Continental. Those subtle laughs and so on.

Overall, what else can the short be if you have no broadcasts? I have an idea or tow but this is quite nice.

A Plate? Yep.

Overall: You got a good one here.

Sean

Ruth Happel May 9th, 2007 12:09 PM

Very funny- understated humor. I especially like the part with the socks, and the way you looked through them was charmingly silly. It played like a stand up comic act. Also, well filmed and clear audio- good job.

Lorinda Norton May 9th, 2007 01:14 PM

Mugurel does stand-up comedy!!! I love it!!!

I've always enjoyed your DVC movies, but this one really had me smiling and laughing. You are a funny guy!

That first use--the plate--just cracked me up. :)

Mugurel Dragusin May 9th, 2007 01:21 PM

Some details.

Thank you for the nice feedback on this one.

Initially I was struggling to find some idea of how TV takes control of your lives but now, seeing the other entries, I am glad I have not further pursue that idea.

Wanted to do something different, something one would never use a TV for and here it goes, shot a few times so I can choose the best.

Ruth Happel mentioned the clear sound, well this time I decided to record this in a near sound proof room so no editing was made on the sound part :) Well no editing was made anyway apart from adding the intro and credits :P

Thanks for watching and your vote, if any!

Brent Graham May 9th, 2007 01:54 PM

I thought this was funny. At times the audio seemed faint, but I should not judge that based on my crappy laptop speakers. I've since placed an order on a dining room set of flat screen television plates! Haha.

Nice job.

Hugh DiMauro May 9th, 2007 02:20 PM

I've loved all of your movies because they have so much heart. I've really paid attention to the nuances of your performance and you are one hell of an actor. You have perfected the eyebrow arch and your timing is sharp. You never trip over words. I wish you lived closer because I would love to direct you in one of my projects. Not many people have screen presence but you definitely have it. I thought your lighting looked good. Two different color balances, right? The kicker at your top right was cool and the fill at your lower left warm. I really liked this one. But then again, I always look forward to your stuff because I get some kind of emotional charge.

Bradley L Marlow May 9th, 2007 04:44 PM

Hi Mugurel!

Great job! This was a lot of fun and I found myself laughing numerous times. Your subtle approach definitely worked well.

Here are some ideas ref- "Give me a shout"

1) Try skipping that TV like a rock in a pond.

2) Apply copious amounts of duct tape to your head and the TV, extend the antenna all the way up. Then have a friend film you on the streets while you conduct interviews about toe jam.

Just a thought. :)

Great fun Mugurel!

Hugh DiMauro May 9th, 2007 08:09 PM

Brad! The toe jam interviews are inspired! Now THAT would be as funny as all GET out!

Hey! Three more posts and I can be a Trustee!

Bradley L Marlow May 9th, 2007 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh DiMauro (Post 676183)
Brad! The toe jam interviews are inspired! Now THAT would be as funny as all GET out!

Hey! Three more posts and I can be a Trustee!

Lol Hugh! Just that you like the idea does my heart good. :)

Jeff Hendricks May 9th, 2007 11:25 PM

Either very well rehearsed or wonderfully ad-libbed. Almost Steve Martin-esque.

Ideas for the TV

A coster for a very cold beer on a very hot day

A back up frisbee for a family trip to the park

A fly swater

Mugurel Dragusin May 10th, 2007 02:20 PM

Thanks for the suggestions :) Really like the frisbee idea :D As I have shot several times, in one of them I was picking my nose with it's antenna so that could be one more use.