DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   DVC Feedback! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvc-feedback/)
-   -   DVC #8 - John Brickner Jr - "T.V. S.H.O.W" (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvc-feedback/92865-dvc-8-john-brickner-jr-t-v-s-h-o-w.html)

John Brickner Jr May 1st, 2007 01:03 AM

DVC #8 - John Brickner Jr - "T.V. S.H.O.W"

My second DVC entry. Very "cartoonish" like comedy. Hope you all enjoyed it. Questions and comments will be addressed here.....of course. Looking forward to screening everyone's entries.

John Brickner Jr May 2nd, 2007 12:49 AM

I'll give everyone some background info on how this film came about. Of course without ruining anything yet.

Unlike my DVC #6 entry "Depths of SADness" where I had to do the whole thing myself. I actually had a few people to help me this time. My brother and good friend from work. Me and brother starred in this as well as another "special" star I won't reveal until its released. I wrote the whole thing at work (model employee eh? lol) and we filmed it all in one day. We had ALOT of fun and when everyone sees it, you'll know why.

As far as equipment I use a Panasonic AG-DVC 30 with a RODE Videomic.

Chris Barcellos May 8th, 2007 09:27 AM

Saw "TV Show", Lots of laughs about a dream coming "true". Good fun John !!

Josh Johnson May 8th, 2007 09:50 AM

The movie was fun! I about spit out my drink when the Pilot episode of T.v.s.h.o.w. came on...

William Gardner May 8th, 2007 09:59 AM

Funny characters. Fun, goofy premise. Looks like you had lots of fun. I laughed more than once watching it. Thanks!

Cheers,
Bill

Lorinda Norton May 8th, 2007 10:15 AM

Hahaha! Man, John--that was freakin' awesome! :) I laughed and laughed all the way through; the interaction between you and your brother was hilarious, as was the acronym, the star of the show, etc.

I needed a good laugh today--thanks so much for putting this movie together! :)

Brent Graham May 8th, 2007 10:16 AM

John,

This was hilarious. I loved the hand coming into frame whenever bunny foo foo had to make an appearance...and then getting called out on it was terrific!

Very funny short, nice.

Ronn Kilby May 8th, 2007 10:21 AM

Fun, goofy, entertaining. Could have been shorter. Fu Fu Fists of Fury - I assume will be the sequel?

And you could totally see the hand, dude. :)

Okinawa!

Hugh DiMauro May 8th, 2007 12:13 PM

Hahahahahahahahahhahahahahah

Man! I loved you two guys! Your enthusiasm splashed out all over my shirt through the screen. The interplay between the one guy’s ebullience and the other’s pessimism just had me cracking up. And that sound effect and accompanying cheesy smile just had me rolling! And the McDonalds hat! Nice touch! The whole TV SHOW was so silly and at the same time incredibly hilarious! I am laughing out loud as I write this. That segment on the couch after the TV SHOW ended was incredibly funny. I wish you guys would team up with Kilby’s guys and do a space comedy. This movie was just what a few of us needed to see today! Hey John! You and I stylized our ending kind of the same! Awesome! (By the way, I lived in Okinawa for a year. If you ever get the chance to try yakisoba… Mmm Mmm MMMM!)

John Brickner Jr May 8th, 2007 12:30 PM

Thanks alot guys for the replies thus far. The "You can see the hand" was the running joke on the "set". So I decided it would be perfect to add it to the film.

Mike Horrigan May 8th, 2007 12:42 PM

Funny stuff!

Try a few different angle shots so that it makes your life easier in the editing room. The couch scenes would have flowed a bit better.

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun with this one.

Cheers,

Mike

John Brickner Jr May 8th, 2007 01:04 PM

Yeah I had that notion about the last couch scene but didn't have enough time. I'll definatley take that into consideration. Also lighting was big issue for me as well. I think it turned out ok but it could of been better. Espeically during the last couch scene as well.

Bradley L Marlow May 8th, 2007 01:05 PM

Hi John!

Great fun John (and Justin)!

Kudos for taking high cheesiness to a new level! If you hadn't guessed, I really enjoy weirdness, strange people and bizarre situations, cheese factor 5 (yours is 6) and so on. I loved these two guys and laughed more than once.

You had some great dialog in your film too. Well done.

Lots a fun and those sfx were excellent. I must get a copy! :)

Anders Risvold May 8th, 2007 01:23 PM

Hi John.

Being raised with 'revenge of the ninja', I think you had a very good idea there :)

I do think the movie could benefit from shorter dialogue, and some better framing.

Sean McHenry May 8th, 2007 04:24 PM

OK, that's just silly enough to make you both big stars - on YouTube at least. Great dialog. I might have spelled it "foo foo fists of fury". I laughed quite a bit myself. Good show.

Overall: Go-Go T.V.S.H.O.W.

Sean