DVC8 - Brent Graham - The Green Pixels - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old May 10th, 2007, 11:59 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Brent,

Okay I'm totally a day behind in watching films, but I saw yours was posted today and just had to watch...I mean who can resist that title?

VERY FUNNY! hehe I absolutely loved the shots of the cord trailing behind and the T.V. peeking around corners and the fence...lol I think you really were successful in making the T.V. come to life. lol!

Your brother did a great job of looking scared and not-scared at the same time! lol as he was running you could tell that he was afraid but not THAT afraid...if that makes any sense! Anyway, it made it very comical and he deserves props for his performance!

lol I think it's funny that the TV wanted a WII? Did it think that would get your attention back or did it just really want one for it's own purposes? lol funny to think about! :)

Good flick!

Jamey*

P.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Horrigan View Post
What's the music that is used when he first gets on the laptop? Sounds very Star Wars' ish... :)
Haha that's what I thought when I heard that piece too!
Jamey Hastings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2007, 02:29 PM   #17
Major Player

Well done!

Very good work on this one, nice camera work and editing, I do find the music go well with the scenes, I like it :) Certainly like the ending, heh.
Old May 10th, 2007, 10:04 PM   #18
Major Player

Hi Brent!

Terrific!

I had a blast with this film. What fun indeed. I would echo most of what has already been written.

The chase scene was great and you had an excellent choice of music in there. Your goal of wanting to make an inanimate object such as the TV, seem real with 'unfortunate' human values- was realized. Well done.

I'm still waiting on a poster however... :)
Old May 10th, 2007, 10:51 PM   #19
Major Player

Funny stuff...

So is the TV saying "Wii" like the game?

I love the sort of satirical running style of the main character, reminded me a bit of the Benny Hill show or perhaps Monty Python...that was fun to watch.

Jeff
Old May 11th, 2007, 08:54 PM   #20
Major Player

I like the way the film really flowed. One scene went seamlessly into the next. You also really combined the music and visuals well to create the tension of being stalked by the tv- slightly scary tone to the music as the tv silently dragged its cord along in pursuit. The ending was funny. Great all around production and concept- I enjoyed it.
Ruth Happel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2007, 09:53 AM   #21
Major Player

Okay, sorry for the delay...

Here is an outtakes reel I threw together, some funny stuff (for me, probably not you)

Haha!

OUTTAKES PEOPLE!!! :)

http://www.meta4productions.com/Gree...sOutTakes.html

Also:
Music:
Dancing Man - Vintage Comedy Library: Comic Gags
TV Chase Scenes - Band Vol 2 Horror Library: Dark Intentions
Man Escape Scenes & Laptop Scene - Band Vol 1 Action Library: A Small Problem

Other than that, I used some hits and stingers to begin and end sequences a little more aggresively. They were from the Sound Palette 5 disc.

The phone ring and hippo splashing effects were from findsounds.com.
The hippo video on the TV was from a hunt I filmed.
The Dancing man is the most popular video on YouTube.
And the TV is displaying a Wii ad I found on YouTube.

Whew! I think that's all I've got for now, if anyone has any more questions about anything at all...let me know, I'll be glad to answer!

Later!
Brent Graham is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!