DVC 8- "CONTROL" by Darryl Ahye at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old May 1st, 2007, 04:25 AM   #1
Regular Crew

DVC 8- "CONTROL" by Darryl Ahye

Hi all, welcome to the feedback page for "CONTROL"

Credits:
"CONTROL" DVC8 - (Comedy/Short)

Andrew Vingo as "Drew"
Jayquell as "Corey"

Sound Engineering by Adam Laparr

Written by Darryl Ahye and Andrew Vingo

Directed, Shot, Edited and Etch-a-Sketched by Darryl Ahye

THANKS FOR WATCHING!! and Good luck!
Darryl Ahye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2007, 10:20 AM   #2
Trustee

That poor sod. I actually felt his “pain” and TV withdrawal. Hallucinations? That’s some serious TV watcher. Your shots, cuts, camera angles and lighting were fantastic! Did you use professional actors? They exhibited an impressive comfort level in front of the camera. Very clear, rich sound, especially the “thought” segments. Overall, this was a slick, well assembled and timed movie which, based on your pacing, increased my own anxiety and empathy levels. Oh, and I used to voraciously read Archie comics in my grandfather’s barber shop when I was a kid! Great job. I enjoyed this.
Old May 11th, 2007, 11:17 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Hey Darryl -

First of all nice job on the etch-a-sketching! lol I don't think I ever managed to do anything that ever resembled anything real on mine....besides well a square! :)

Your actor did a really good job, he seemed frustrated, bored and yet determined! I particuarly like the scene right before he flips on the T.V. where he's brushing his teeth frantically and thinking about all the things he's done to avoid T.V. lol following a spider back to it's web! That's awesome! It really makes you think though how sad it is that when people rely on T.V. that much they struggle to find other ways to entertain themselves...your film and the one about what we miss when we watch too much T.V. would fit nicely together...

Anyway, nicely done! It was definately fun to watch!

Jamey*
Jamey Hastings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2007, 03:52 PM   #4
Major Player

Very well shot! Good combination of different angles, closeups and wider shots, etc. Lighting and editing were very good too. Nice etch-a-sketch work as well! How long did that take you? :)

Good story, use of theme, and acting also! Great job!

Bill
William Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2007, 04:53 PM   #5
Major Player

Acting, Cinematography, Color Correction, Edits, Sound Mix, everything in this short was expertly done.

Very nice job, mucho impressivo.
Brent Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2007, 09:17 PM   #6
Major Player

Very rich inner dialogue made this peice outstanding.

I really liked the way you had the character flip the comics in order to create a very low tech TV show.

In fact that whole scene with the comics was my favorite of the picture. (I used to read Conan)...nice job and laugh out loud funny.

Good stuff

Jeff
Old May 11th, 2007, 09:22 PM   #7
Major Player

The pacing on this film was great, moving steadily through a hilarious range of scenes. The monologue was funny in a really charming, offbeat way. And the scene of him brushing his teeth as he got close to the edge was great. I liked the way it all flowed, and the transitions were so smooth you didn't realize they were there. Great job, very imaginative take on the theme.
Ruth Happel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2007, 12:29 PM   #8
Major Player

Hi Darryl!

I echo all the statements already made. Wonderful job!

Sea monkeys taste just ...like...chicken!" lol Love it.
Old May 14th, 2007, 12:41 AM   #9
Wrangler

Hey, Darryl, I expected to see some really cool effects from the AE wizard (that would be you) at the “Indiana Jones in the microwave” segment! Did I miss it?

You scored again—aesthetically perfect images for what you wanted to convey. For me, the movie seemed a tad long, but then, my attention span can be kind of short sometimes. :)

“Those diagonal lines are tricky.” LOL! What you did with that thing was just amazing.
Old May 14th, 2007, 06:31 AM   #10
Major Player

Great movie! I loved the whole addiction angle that you went with.

The acting was pretty good as well.

Very professional looking!

Mike
Old May 14th, 2007, 11:43 AM   #11
Regular Crew

Thanks for the feedback! I have been busy since I entered and I'm still yet to watch all the videos.

The etch-a-sketch drawing took about five minutes. So if anyone is looking for an etch-a-sketch artist my fee is $10 a line. :P

Congrats to Hugh on his landslide win!
Darryl Ahye is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!