DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   DVC Feedback! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvc-feedback/)
-   -   DVC8 - DV Info Friends - "NAB 2007" (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvc-feedback/93381-dvc8-dv-info-friends-nab-2007-a.html)

Lorinda Norton May 6th, 2007 11:36 PM

DVC8 - DV Info Friends - "NAB 2007"

Last year at this time Sean McHenry asked, “So where’s the video [from NAB]?” It’s a year later and missing some DVCers, Sean, but here ya go. :)

Dylan’s big idea for this collaboration started out as something completely different. Mike Teutsch came up with a funny (crazy) script for a movie that was actually considered--contingent upon a modification or two. Mercifully, Pete Bauer stepped in as a voice of reason, pointing out that shooting it could get us in hot water—possibly even thrown in jail. (Not really. ;)

With that idea gone and very little free time anyway, we just started rolling tape and this is the result. Btw, Executive Producer Dylan had zero control--he didn't know he'd be the star. ;) Hope you enjoyed it and that it was worth the long download!

EDIT: If you read this before watching the video, be warned that it's got mildly adult language and some spirits.

Chris Barcellos May 6th, 2007 11:38 PM

Saw the video. Was great to put some more faced to names Glad you guys did it.!

Fredrik-Larsson May 7th, 2007 01:03 AM

Ha ha ha... I bet there are some cuts that were too obscene to put in. I am esp curious on Dylan's response to Rob saying "it's huge...". :)

Lorinda Norton May 7th, 2007 02:04 AM

Nah...Dylan was on his best behavior, and poor Rob was so tired he can't be held accountable for anything!

Chris, I agree--it's fun to put the faces with the names. Such nice people, too!

Rob Lohman May 7th, 2007 04:26 AM

Oh jeesh.... :) That sentence went different in my head... oh well... At least I have the excuse of being extremely tired, heh.

Good to see everyone had a lot of fun!

Dylan Couper May 7th, 2007 08:33 AM

Big thanks to Lorinda who edited a mass of footage of the rest of us goofing off!

We started off with noble intentions of shooting an original Mike Teutsch script, but then realized how much time it would take away from sipping poolside pina coladas. Then we thought "let's just take the camera and shoot DVinfo people aroud NAB, cause it's a TELEVISION type event, and that covers the theme..." Then we made the mistake of taking the cameras to the afterparty.... Sigh. What happened in Vegas didn't stay in Vegas.

William Gardner May 7th, 2007 08:53 AM

:)

Looks like you guys had too much fun. At least the footage will help you remember it this year. :)

Sorry I missed it,
Bill

Lorinda Norton May 7th, 2007 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Lohman (Post 673947)
That sentence went different in my head...

LOL!
Quote:

Originally Posted by William Gardner (Post 674036)
...At least the footage will help you remember it this year. :)

Sorry I missed it,
Bill

Hey! We remember last year! ;)

Bill, we also needed you around to help us organize a DVC gathering like in '06. (See? I remember that much.) Next year...

Bradley L Marlow May 7th, 2007 12:33 PM

Fun stuff

I really enjoyed meeting everyone. You couldn't ask for a nicer bunch of folks.

Thank you Lorinda for all the time spent editing the madness. Oh! Thank you for putting in the comment that I was only drinking iced tea too..lol. Yes. That is true. I left the scorpions and apple head bangers up to the professionals.

Fredrik-Larsson May 7th, 2007 12:36 PM

Bradley... would that be a Long Island Ice Tea perhaps? I have only bad memories from drinking those.. :)

Bradley L Marlow May 7th, 2007 01:25 PM

Fredrik

lol...I think it was in the same category. Thank goodness it wasn't me. I could scrounge up a few bad memories from the distant past too. Whew.

Hugh DiMauro May 7th, 2007 01:42 PM

I just thought that editing job was fabulous. You took footage from a routine event and assembled it with a dynamic and interesting look. Your cut timing made all those involved look like actors trying not to look like actors who turned out looking like actors! Great job. It moved so fast that I had to watch it a few times and I liked it better with each successive viewing.

Lorinda Norton May 7th, 2007 03:56 PM

Thank you, Hugh, for the editing compliment! It's so fun cutting to music. :)

Yes, good 'ol Bradley...iced tea while Dylan and I drank pina coladas at the pool, while we sucked down specialty drinks Dylan bought in huge "Paris" bowls, while we all slew scorpions and other concoctions...there was Brad with his water or iced tea--still acting more goofy than the rest of us combined.

Rob Lohman May 8th, 2007 07:07 AM

We missed you Hugh! Where were you? :)

Hugh DiMauro May 8th, 2007 02:23 PM

Hiya Rob

Working on my movie, of course!