DVC8- Ruth Happel "Make Your Own Show" - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!

Old May 9th, 2007, 09:52 AM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Johnson View Post
I really liked this one too. I mean the camera work and idea was great, but seeing a little girl dig in the dirt just confuses me. My daughter is so girly and afraid of dirt and bugs... I'd have to actually pay her to do the work your daughter did!

That was funny Josh! :)

Onto "Make Your Own Show", all things being said already, good idea and she catches the attention of the viewer :)
Old May 9th, 2007, 10:03 AM   #17
Major Player

John and Mugurel-

Glad you liked it. Josh- my daughter also has a girly side, but equally enjoys digging in the dirt. She separates the two- either she is all dressed up and doesn't want to ruin her look, or she is casual and totally interested in anything and everything she might find in the woods. Of course, right now her career goal is a marine biologist or zoologist, so she is probably more interested than most kids in nature (I studied monkeys so she comes by it honestly).
Ruth Happel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2007, 09:45 AM   #18
Major Player

Chris,

Actually, I didn't use a close up lens, just the camera. It has great macro ability, if you're willing to get in close. I was sitting by the rock, with a mini tripod leaning about an inch away from the termites. Since it was sunny, there was enough light even with the camera throwing a bit of a shadow.
Old May 10th, 2007, 11:16 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Ruth your film was adorable and beautifully shot. Lol it totally reminded me of myself when I was little...I loved looking for bugs and climbing around in trees! Of course there were also My Little Ponies and Dress-up too!

Anyway, your idea was really fun and I like how you incorportated the theme. Did you come up with some lines for your daughter or did she do a lot of improvising? Either way she did an amazing job! I'm sure you're very proud!
Jamey Hastings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2007, 11:46 PM   #20
Major Player

Jamey- My daughter also enjoys dressing up and my little pony. But I think she likes the woods best. She probably got that from me- I grew up exploring nature, and still spend lots of my time outdoors. She and I worked on some lines, but I'd say at least 3/4 of it she totally improvised. She often comes up with ideas I wouldn't, and they really help me think and film in new ways... we have a great time working together.
Old May 12th, 2007, 11:24 AM   #21
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Happel View Post
She and I worked on some lines, but I'd say at least 3/4 of it she totally improvised. She often comes up with ideas I wouldn't, and they really help me think and film in new ways... we have a great time working together.
Awww...that's a great way for you guys to spend time together! :)
Jamey Hastings is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!