The DVC/UWOL CHARITY CHALLENGE Theme at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > The DVC / UWOL Charity Challenge

The DVC / UWOL Charity Challenge
Our contest series unites for a common cause...

Old December 11th, 2008, 07:00 PM   #1
Wrangler

DVC/UWOL Charity Challenge Theme –GO! GO! GO!

Get out the long johns because the theme for the DVC/UWOL Charity Challenge is: COLD. Brrr!!!

Normally, we’d let you all interpret this in any way, but in keeping with the season, we’re going to stick with the “temperature” definition. (Truth be told, Dylan didn’t want to see any “runny nose and Kleenex” films.) ;)

Except for the fact that I’m already tired of the cold here I don’t envy you folks in the warmer climes--this will test your creativity, that’s for sure. But as Aaron Fay put it last challenge, “I guess it’s not called “DV walk-in-the-park, is it?” Those who signed up early get extra points in my book for tackling the unknown. :)

You now have until midnight, PST, January 1, 2009 to write, shoot, edit, and submit your films. If you don’t know the rules visit The DV Challenge: * Official Rules, but disregard the part about the time limit. (Remember, it’s five minutes + credits.) If you have questions, just ask.

For those who have yet to sign up, the challenge will remain open: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/dv-challe...challenge.html Some of you who live where it’s warm may be put off by the theme and not want to sign up, but I’d LOVE to watch you show us what you can do with the extra challenge. It can be done, ya know!

Don’t forget our dual reason for running this dual challenge, either: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/dv-challe...tly-140-a.html

Enough talk. Happy Shooting! :D
Old December 11th, 2008, 07:01 PM   #2
Wrangler

The UWOL/DVC Charity Challenge Theme...Hold it right there, Freeze!

The theme for the Charity Challenge round is...

COLD

yes, COLD! the temperature, we mean, not the kind that has you running out for more kleenex.

Why hasn't Brian McKay signed up for this dang thing? Finally, something that he can sink his chattering teeth into...it isn't too late, Brian (and others) because the sign-up remains open throughout the contest. No excuses. Sign up, donate (http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/975921-post1.html), and get out there and shoot something!

Good luck, Florida!
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2008, 07:04 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Cold. . . this will be interesting. I'm in Southern Utah and it's 72 degrees outside. However, I think it will be fun, too. Thanks!
Old December 11th, 2008, 07:19 PM   #4
Major Player

Don't worry about me, Meryem. I'm on my way to North Carolina.

Steve Siegel,
Miami, Florida
Steve Siegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2008, 08:48 PM   #5
Major Player

Freezing

Tonight
Cloudy periods. 30 percent chance of flurries overnight. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus
29 C. Wind chill minus 39 C this evening.

BTW -39 C is -38 F

I'm in........ oh my God this is nuts....bring on the warm rum.

I'm in balmy Toronto at the moment but will be home in a few days.

Brian
Brian McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2008, 09:06 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Brian,

Good to see you back!! Was thinking of you the other day when it was a balmy -17 wind chill to -27.
Old December 11th, 2008, 10:37 PM   #7
Major Player

Well we're in summer right now. Though it hasn't been the hottest so far. One of the colder ones actually - so it probably still works out - then again, should get creative with the theme. No need to base it on the weather being cold.
Andrew Hood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2008, 11:36 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Title question

Hi... New to the challenge. Just read the rules and was wondering if "Cold War" would be an acceptable title for the film. My group thought that was the most fitting title for our idea but wasn't sure it would be acceptable.
Tom Sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2008, 12:18 AM   #9
Trustee

Well, even if I don't have time for this challenge, I'm signing in hoping for a couple of days to finish the film! The theme is very nice for me, here in the cold and dark part of the world!
Old December 12th, 2008, 03:39 AM   #10
Wrangler

Wow, I come back after a few hours and all the furniture has been moved! You're fast, CH.

Tom, "Cold War" should be a fine title for your film. :)
Old December 12th, 2008, 05:52 AM   #11
Inner Circle

Brrr, the theme fits perfectly. It´s cold here!
So I´m sure the nature has some cold things to offer. :)

Good luck everyone!
And remember UWOL rule #11, the most important of them all... Have FUN!!!
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2008, 09:33 AM   #12
Major Player

Ouch! It snowed Thursday, here in the Houston, TX area (first time in four years). Naturally, I was at day job without my camcorder. :-(

Now were back to the 60's & 70's. Guess I'll have to leave the freezer door open.
Old December 12th, 2008, 12:36 PM   #13
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Sherwood View Post
Hi... New to the challenge. Just read the rules and was wondering if "Cold War" would be an acceptable title for the film. My group thought that was the most fitting title for our idea but wasn't sure it would be acceptable.
You can title your film anything you like, just please not: "Cold", "The Cold", "A Cold" etc...
Old December 12th, 2008, 12:41 PM   #14
Regular Crew

Good topic. I am in Houston and it snowed two days ago (and unlike Victor, I did get some footage of it). How crazy is that! It must be a sign.
Bruce Broussard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2008, 08:17 AM   #15
Major Player

-15 this morning. I think I can make the theme work somehow.
Jeremy Doyle is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > The DVC / UWOL Charity Challenge