DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DVC / UWOL Charity Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvc-uwol-charity-challenge/)
-   -   My decision for the Charity Challenge Pool - $635 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvc-uwol-charity-challenge/142333-my-decision-charity-challenge-pool-635-a.html)

Per Johan Naesje January 25th, 2009 10:14 AM

My decision for the Charity Challenge Pool - $635

Hi all,
as promised here is my decision who will receive $635!

For me this has not been an easy task. In fact more difficult than making the entry for the Challenge! There is so many organizations out there which I care for, but I had to choose one of them. I also had a small conference with Lorinda and Meryem about this subject too!

Well, I will give the money to an small organisation in my country which work for preserving the Great 4 Predators in our fauna - Bear, Lynx, Wolverine and Wolf.
All these animals are more or less endangered species in our country. And without making political statement (which I know is prohibited at this forum), some people, organizations and authorities in my country wants to eliminate them from our fauna!

The organization is named "Foreningen Våre Rovdyr" website: Foreningen Våre Rovdyr - Forside (sorry in Norwegian Text Only!).
I will try to update this thread with more information and pictures later on when I meet them to present the price money.

Thanks!

Trond Saetre January 25th, 2009 03:53 PM

Good choice, Per Johan!
I'm sure they can find some good use for the money.

Josh Chesarek January 25th, 2009 04:21 PM

Great work and choice. It seems very fitting :)

Geir Inge January 26th, 2009 06:09 AM

Great choice, PJ.

Meryem Ersoz January 26th, 2009 08:36 PM

Score a win for the animals. Nice job, Per, what would the world be without the spirit of our wild brothers and sisters....

Lorinda Norton January 27th, 2009 02:10 AM

What an interesting site...and what a small world.

I was poking around on the site, marveling that I couldn't figure out even one word in Norwegian, when I found an article pertaining to wolves in the Rocky Mountains (where I live). Then I clicked on an ad for Sun Valley, Idaho--my home state!

Can't wait to see the pictures of you presenting the donation. Maybe you could make one of those huge checks for everyone to hold! Or is that just a US thing? :)

Trond Saetre January 27th, 2009 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton (Post 1001791)
Maybe you could make one of those huge checks for everyone to hold! Or is that just a US thing? :)

We have those here in Norway too.
Go for it Per! :)

Dale Guthormsen January 27th, 2009 04:08 PM

Per,

What a terific choice!!!

Makes me happy I donated too!

Per Johan Naesje January 28th, 2009 02:23 AM

Thanks all for your support!
I've been in touch with the people at "Våre Rovdyr" and they are overwhelmed about this price!
I will meet with them, as soon as the price has been travelling across the Atlantic! Yes, it's true, even a money transfer will take nearly 1 week + across the sea.

I have been thinking about the huge check picture, I have to ask my bank if they have them!

Stay in touch!

Josh Chesarek January 28th, 2009 11:49 AM

Over here we just make them our selves with card board and such. You get a real one that is standard size. The big one is just for show :) Congrats again :)

Meryem Ersoz January 29th, 2009 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh Chesarek (Post 1002525)
Over here we just make them our selves with card board and such. You get a real one that is standard size. The big one is just for show :) Congrats again :)

I won't know if Josh's information is accurate or until Publisher's Clearinghouse shows up on my doorstep with one of these during the Super Bowl -- I'll be sure to ask them how they do it!

Just countin' the days...

Josh Chesarek January 29th, 2009 08:51 AM

If Im right will you give me a low percentage? Say 5% after tax?

:D

If Im wrong Ill buy you a coffee! ;-)

Mat Thompson January 29th, 2009 12:01 PM

Per - If you can get a few photos of you handing over the cheque or any of the charity people/place and of course the critters, it would be nice to put them up on the uwol site.

Anything you can get, forward to mdtmail@yahoo.co.uk

Cheers
Mat

Per Johan Naesje January 29th, 2009 12:16 PM

Yes, I will try to make some picture next weekend February 7-8. I've arranged a meeting with them that weekend.

Stay tuned!

Josh Chesarek February 26th, 2009 12:14 PM

Any updates on the photos :)