The THEME for DVC/UWOL 2nd Annual Challenge – GO! GO! GO! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > The DVC / UWOL Charity Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The DVC / UWOL Charity Challenge
Our contest series unites for a common cause...

Old January 9th, 2010, 12:30 PM   #16
Major Player

Well that's it...

I'm in China, i knew i couldn't view Youtube, but vimeo is blocked TOO now!!! WTF ... so i thought smartly, "Exposure Room"...blocked as well...

...wouldn't have mattered - can't view anyone else's film anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mother!&*#^%@(*
been trying proxys all night, even signed up for a VPN account but can't connect..argggh!

waste of time!

good luck to you all

PS as i write this, my girlfriend tells me imdb.com has just been blocked...i just stepped in dragon pooh!

Last edited by Mike Calla; January 9th, 2010 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Stepped in dragon pooh
Mike Calla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2010, 12:34 PM   #17
Major Player

Mike, I can give you login to my FTP, you could upload the film there and I could upload it for you to anywhere you want, either through my user or through yours, if you'd trust me with your login.

This won't solve your viewing problem though.

p.s. What about Dailymotion or Archive.org?
Old January 9th, 2010, 12:42 PM   #18
Major Player

Oh, and I'm sure most of us could provide Lorinda with a small version of our films which could be uploaded to mediafire.com or any other file sharing website you can access, so you could download and see them locally through your pc player.

Censorship sucks, I hate it!
Old January 9th, 2010, 01:13 PM   #19
Wrangler

Wow! Talk about living in a bubble...I had no idea this was going on.

Mike, Andris is right. There is a way around this and we'll get your film uploaded and make sure you get to see the others. (Very nice offer, Andris.) Last DVC round Robert Martens came up with a solution for Daniel Bates, a soldier in Iraq who had a problem with viewing. This bunch can do anything. :)
Old January 9th, 2010, 01:18 PM   #20
Major Player

If archive.org is not blocked, it provides a flash player and also the ability to download source files. The only "caveat" is that you have to choose a creative commons licence.

If mediafire, rapidshare or any other of these services is not blocked, we could download from youtube the converted .mp4 versions of our films and upload it to these - so that all the small file conversion is done by youtube servers.

If archive.org or dailymotion is blocked, I'd be really glad to help out with my server (it's not very fast).
Old January 9th, 2010, 01:22 PM   #21
Inner Circle

Try YouSendIt.com and list the link here so some one can download it and save it.
Old January 9th, 2010, 01:34 PM   #22
Major Player

As I've mentioned in the past, I'm a fan of Sendspace, though like the other suggestions thus far I'm not sure if it's blocked for you. Might be worth a shot.

I'll be glad to squash all the films down to a manageable size again this time, if you'd like, or offer whatever compression advice I can to people who'd rather do it themselves.
Robert Martens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 11:01 PM   #23
Major Player

I never thanked you for your concern...

Hi everybody,

I never thanked you for your concern after i posted my problem about uploading my film and viewing yours as well, so...

Thank you!:)

Just to let you know the increase in censorship has gone up dramatically this past year, so most sharing sites are blocked. Even dvinfo has been blocked in the past!

i've been out of town since that upload night fiasco , and leave again tomorrow, but people here are having great success with paid vpn's. So when i get back i'm purchasing a vpn service AND THEN i can view all your great work!!

thanks again:)

PS please don't judge the People the China, as they have no choice in the cen sorship matter, and i can say that after the Haiti earthquake my Chinese crew members sprang into action and contacted the Red Cross to set up a mobile blood donation center in the film studio, and the long line up that followed showed what kind of great people they are!

peace!
Old January 22nd, 2010, 02:37 AM   #24
Major Player

Mike, this is a great method of increasing the suspense for the release of your film, which we all expect to view.
Stuck in China... the overlords blocking your every attempt to post the flick. Until you claw your way out of the jungle shrouded mountains to reveal the epic...
Bill Thesken is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > The DVC / UWOL Charity Challenge