Tales of Wonder and Woe - Charity Challenge 2009 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > The DVC / UWOL Charity Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The DVC / UWOL Charity Challenge
Our contest series unites for a common cause...

Old December 24th, 2009, 06:55 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Guys, Marty Henderson has something to say about your musings...

Old December 25th, 2009, 02:44 AM   #17
Major Player

Merry Christmas Marty & Chris !
Bill Thesken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2009, 09:17 AM   #18
Major Player

I'm having terrible hardship in finding a location (good looking apartment) to shoot, because the shooting has to be on either 3rd or 4th of January, and nobody wants to be disturbed then.
Old December 31st, 2009, 03:11 AM   #19
Major Player

Andris, don't let Marty work you ovah. I know he's a saying you gotta get a inside, get a playa station or a sometin. You don't need da apartment, you just need da footage...
Bill Thesken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2010, 02:12 PM   #20
Inner Circle

In my case, I had a script, a one man crew (myself), a director, and a cast, all scheduled for shoot on Thursday, and my entire crew (myself) had to cancel due to illness. Nasty business... I will still have an entry...but not sure if it will be what was planned now.
Old January 1st, 2010, 08:21 PM   #21
Regular Crew

For the first time in any of these contests, I am done. No all nighters editing. I went simple this time and pleased with the results. Much like you Chris, I had a large cast and crew totally one (myself). Now I have to wait...
Clint Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 12:07 PM   #22
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos View Post
...and my entire crew (myself) had to cancel due to illness.
I hear ya, Chris....I came down with something a couple of days ago and today I'm just useless...

I was going to do something this week, as I had it off, but one of my out of town Christmas guests found out I wasn't working and decided to hang out a few more days....
Like until Thursday....arrgggghhhh....so I lost the whole week...
Now I'm sick, with a 6 day work week facing me Monday......

Haven't given up yet, just running out of options....
Old January 2nd, 2010, 12:15 PM   #23
Major Player

My main actress came down with the flu shortly before the new year, but we hope she'll be back on her feet next week; we had to postpone a planned shooting though.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 05:20 AM   #24
Major Player

Progress report

The script is almost ready, a few finishing touches left. Today I draw the scenes. Tomorrow we will shoot. I hope the main actress is fit enough by then. My friend will go get the necessary things during the day – a big glass and gift wraps. I rely on another friend to get an on-camera light from a studio. It’s essential, especially during the second day. If everything clicks, it will happen. I still haven’t resolved the problem with the dolly – I haven’t got any.

At least the soundtrack side is resolved – I found some appropriate Creative Commons music on jamendo.com.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 10:12 AM   #25
Inner Circle

Good Morning,

Well, I am wondering if I am going to get something done worthy of entering. The fellow I contacted about copyright has not even responded, perhaps if I had a grand to offer he might, sense I do not I have been looking for copyright free material. I have only shot about ten minutes of video of which I am using about 22 seconds. my original idea is not unfolding like I thought. I am going on a shoot today, hopefully I will get something i can actually use to put up something worthy of the challenge. As always it is a one person endevor. Must be nice to have great characters and actors to work with!!!
Old January 3rd, 2010, 01:40 PM   #26
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Guthormsen View Post
The fellow I contacted about copyright has not even responded, perhaps if I had a grand to offer he might, sense I do not I have been looking for copyright free material.
Dale, I have found that musical artists are often reluctant to give permission to use their material, because they don't know what the end product is going to look like and don't want to do anything that involves legal decisions, without recieving some money for it. But I have had good luck editing together short films with music I like from little known artists, and then giving them a preview with their credits in place. If they say no, then you have to reedit with different music,. However, this only happened to me once with a Christian group who didn't want their songs used in what they thought was a too suggestive work.

I really did like the Christian Bluegrass band, and unfortunately never got around to reediting the piece because it lost so much with different music.
Dick Mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2010, 01:41 PM   #27
Major Player

I am disappointed it didn't change :(
Old January 3rd, 2010, 01:42 PM   #28
Major Player

Meaningless post, just to get to 500, and see if it changes my status from Major Player into something like Lorinda's or Dylan's titles.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 01:44 PM   #29
Major Player

Very strange that it reversed those two last posts. Oh, well, enough playing with the message board. Good luck to all and HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Old January 5th, 2010, 12:16 PM   #30
Inner Circle

Dick,

Actually, it was a graphic piece I wanted to use. So I went and got a copyright free one and rebuilt it to suit my needs. I am farely pleased with the result.

I shot some key footage this morning and am capturing it as I write this. I have to go do a shoot tonight 25 miles south and then back to town and 50 miles to the North. If they go as planned I will actually complete my story. Of course it is snowing today so I am wondering if I will even get to my destinations and be able to shoot outdoors!!!

Time is closing in around us.

Oh yea, I managed to get a rock or three in mine too!!!!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > The DVC / UWOL Charity Challenge