DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DVC / UWOL Charity Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvc-uwol-charity-challenge/)
-   -   download information (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvc-uwol-charity-challenge/470722-download-information.html)

Dale Guthormsen January 9th, 2010 05:52 PM

download information

Good evening,

Well, I am close to the mark and will be ready to download. where do I get the download information?

Should we post on vimeo and then the link or such???

Bill Thesken January 9th, 2010 11:34 PM

Very important question. This is from the Theme Announcement,

• DV Challenge entries—post your completed film to YouTube and/or Vimeo and email the link(s) to thedvchallenge@gmail.com.

• UWOL entries—please follow the protocol as outlined in the UWOL rules 6, 7, 8. The UWOL Challenge - Wildlife & Outdoor based film competition You are encouraged to also post to YouTube and/or Vimeo and email those links to thedvchallenge@gmail.com if you wish. All links will be included for viewing.

*** On another note, the deadline is 11:59 MST. However for most other contests I thought it was midnight anywhere in the world, which would place it at the dateline. I am scrambling to complete.....

Graeme Hay January 9th, 2010 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Thesken (Post 1470260)
• UWOL entries—please follow the protocol as outlined in the UWOL rules 6, 7, 8. The UWOL Challenge - Wildlife & Outdoor based film competition You are encouraged to also post to YouTube and/or Vimeo and email those links to thedvchallenge@gmail.com if you wish. All links will be included for viewing.

However I haven't received any download passwords etc for the UWOL site (sent out email before and got "we'll send 'round uploading instructions shortly"). So lacking that, I'm just going to email them the youtube/vimeo links and hope that works for this charity challenge.

Lorinda Norton January 10th, 2010 12:00 AM

That'll work just fine, Graeme.

As long as your film is *somewhere* -- either in the UWOL system or on YouTube/Vimeo by tomorrow night (Sunday) at 11:59 PST you're in good shape. I would encourage UWOL folks to upload to YouTube and/or Vimeo simply because it's easier to view. The main reason for having the UWOL Charity Challenge entries in the UWOL vault is for archival purposes. That can happen after the deadline.

If anyone runs into upload trouble of any kind tomorrow night shoot us an email at thedvchallenge@gmail.com and we'll work it out. A month's worth of work shouldn't get DQ'd because of technical trouble with public sites.

Graeme Hay January 10th, 2010 12:19 AM

Cool, email sent, yeah I had all sorts of issues uploading the videos, but finally got them up!

Good luck to everyone!

Trond Saetre January 10th, 2010 11:57 AM

Haven't received any upload info for the uwol site either, so I'm only uploading to youtube for now. But I have made one version with the uwol specs too, in case we get any upload info later.