DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DVC / UWOL Charity Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvc-uwol-charity-challenge/)
-   -   2010 DVC/UWOL Charity Challenge - Sign Up! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvc-uwol-charity-challenge/488317-2010-dvc-uwol-charity-challenge-sign-up.html)

Lorinda Norton December 1st, 2010 06:34 PM

2010 DVC/UWOL Charity Challenge - Sign Up!

Hey Everyone!

Dylan is slammed with work so I'm calling out all you narrative and wildlife filmmakers in DV Info land. Sign up now for our annual charity challenge!

On Thursday, Dec. 9, you'll be given the theme, then you will have until Sunday, Jan. 9, 2011 to submit your film.

Guidelines will be pretty much the same as they always are but we'll give specifics the day it starts (or sooner, if Dylan gets free). We'll also be talking about the donation pool--we want the winner to have lots of money to give to his or her favorite charity! You don't have to sign up to donate, and you don't have to donate to sign up. But you'll feel great if you do! :)

So sign up now and keep watching for more!!

Henry Williams December 1st, 2010 07:00 PM

I'm in with jingle bells on, Lorinda :) Really excited to be doing my first challenge with the VG10, especially after I had so much fun competing in DVC 19.

Now I just need to start second guessing the theme and writing tons of high concept existential sci-fi horror ;)

Marc Burleigh December 2nd, 2010 11:13 AM

Count me in. The DVChallenge was fun. Let's see what happens when we mix it up with those bear-catchers over on UWOL.

So, what's already been done? "Cold" and "Gifts". So what are the possible themes for end-of-year DV capture that can straddle narrative and nature? "Red"? "Lights"? "Cheer"? "Snow"? "Aurora Borealis"?

Just remember -- some of us are sweltering under a hot sun and thinking more of beaches than blankets down here!

Trond Saetre December 2nd, 2010 03:26 PM

Count me in for the charity fun!

Bill Thesken December 2nd, 2010 04:15 PM

I'll give it a shot, let's rock and roll.

Henry Williams December 2nd, 2010 06:23 PM

You're a lucky man Marc. London's just ground to a halt under a foot of snow!

Marc Burleigh December 2nd, 2010 08:43 PM

Yeah, Henry, I'm reading about it: slow Eurostars, airports restricted, sounds awful. Here it's just so hot and steamy I could do with a blast of cool air (but maybe only for 15 mins or so).

Chris Barcellos December 2nd, 2010 09:08 PM

Has it been a year already..... okay, I'm in.

Lorinda Norton December 2nd, 2010 10:59 PM

Seriously thought about sitting this one out but some of your comments are making it irresistible! Sounds like great fun. I'm in. (Hearing those jingle bells from here, Henry!) :)

Dale Guthormsen December 3rd, 2010 11:23 AM

I will give it a go once again, even if I way out of most your leagues!!!

Lorinda Norton December 3rd, 2010 11:30 AM

Are you kidding, Dale? You do great work! By the way, I'm thinking about trying my hand at a nature film for this one...unless it gets really cold outside, of course. :)

Finn-Erik Faale December 4th, 2010 08:29 AM

I will give it a try.

Andrew Hood December 4th, 2010 07:06 PM

Alright, you've twisted my arm. I'm in.

Lorinda Norton December 4th, 2010 09:48 PM

LOL! I would apologize for the behind-the-scenes arm-twisting but the challenge just doesn't seem right without you, Andrew. :)

Trond Saetre December 5th, 2010 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton (Post 1594616)
Are you kidding, Dale? You do great work! By the way, I'm thinking about trying my hand at a nature film for this one...unless it gets really cold outside, of course. :)

Lorinda, "cold" is not a valid excuse for not trying a nature film. ;)