DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DVC / UWOL Charity Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvc-uwol-charity-challenge/)
-   -   2010 DVC/UWOL Charity Challenge -- The Winner! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvc-uwol-charity-challenge/490287-2010-dvc-uwol-charity-challenge-winner.html)

Lorinda Norton January 17th, 2011 12:45 PM

2010 DVC/UWOL Charity Challenge -- The Winner!

Votes are in and we have a winner! But first, our thanks: To Chris Hurd for hosting the three challenges right here on DVinfo Net—without him we wouldn’t be having all this fun. Nor would we be combining the DVC and UWOL every winter for the charity challenge without the vision of the fabulous Dylan Couper of the DV Challenge. Many thanks to our sponsor, Guy Cochran of DVeStore for hanging with us year after year and offering great prizes as incentives to get folks shooting. This year’s winner receives a Diva Ring Light— an easy, lightweight tool to have ready for quick lighting and other uses. (Helps make interviews a snap.) Photo/Video Diva Ring Light - DVeStore Always appreciated, Guy!

Now for the results of the voting. All eight films were interesting and great fun to watch, all are winners in one category or another. Every one of you who submitted a film should be proud of your work! But we picked one for the top prize and that goes to:

THE WINNER - BEST FILM
Finn-Erik Faale with “The Spark”

Congratulations on producing a highly entertaining film that warmed our hearts this winter, Finn-Erik! Your UWOL entries are always a treat, and this "perspective" really gave us some smiles. You now have the happy task of choosing a charity to receive the money donated by DVinfo members.

Ah, the donations! Many, many thanks to all who donated this year. Times are still tough all over, so the fact that the challenge raised $380 for the charity of Finn-Erik’s choosing is heartwarming, as well.

As Pete said in the conclusion of his entry, “That’s a wrap!” Have fun shooting through the year in the DV Challenge and/or the UWOL Challenge, and we’ll see everyone back here next December!

Henry Williams January 17th, 2011 12:52 PM

Many congratulations, Finn-Erik on a well deserved victory and thank to Lorinda, Dylan Guy and Chris for organising/sponsoring/hosting such a great contest. I've really enjoyed everyone's videos.

Looking forward to the next challenge!

Henry

Meryem Ersoz January 17th, 2011 01:12 PM

Team Norway strikes again!

Congratulations Finn-Erik - I always enjoy your entries.

And nice job on putting up an interesting range of films to everybody else. Lots of fun to watch.

Marc Burleigh January 17th, 2011 01:24 PM

Well done Finn-Erik, a cute tale executed with technical élan.

Pete Bauer January 17th, 2011 01:27 PM

Congratulations, Finn as well as all the others who participated! For me, it was a win just to get off my butt and shoot a film. Cheers!

Alan Emery January 17th, 2011 01:33 PM

Congratulations Finn-Erik. I really enoyed your project and appreciated the obvious skills it took to complete this.

Congratulations as well to the others who participated. I enjoyed watching all the films and learned from doing so!

Alan

Lorinda Norton January 17th, 2011 01:53 PM

Forgot something: Finn-Erik, please check your email for information regarding your prize and the charity donation.

Trond Saetre January 17th, 2011 03:34 PM

Congratulations, Finn-Erik!

Finn-Erik Faale January 17th, 2011 03:34 PM

This is unbelievable!

It is a big surprise and a great honor to be picked out for the top prize.

Thank you so much everyone for support and voting on The Spark.

All the films were great and it was interesting to watch all different approaches to the theme.

I will thank Tone, the driver and owner of the spark, for enthusiasm and good ideas for improving the film.

Without Meryem, Cathrine and what I have learned from participating the UWOL challenge, I would not have been able to do this film.

Thanks so much to all behind the competition.
Special thanks to Lorinda and her attention and caring.

Thanks so much to DVeStore, Inc. for the price.

Bamse, the teddy bear, has selected the receiver of the charity.

The charity will go to Pandas International who is working for preservation of the Giant Panda.

Pandas International,

Pete Bauer January 17th, 2011 07:13 PM

Congratulations again, and thank you for your choice of charity -- that's wonderful!

Cole Seidl January 17th, 2011 09:31 PM

Congratulations! I thoroughly enjoyed your entry, and congratulations to everyone who managed to complete something.

Marj Atkins January 18th, 2011 09:19 AM

Congratulations on a well-deserved win Finn-Eric!

Hope I'm allowed to ask this Lorinda, but what happened to the runners up this round? Was the vote count very even resulting in too many runners up to mention?

Lorinda Norton January 18th, 2011 10:21 AM

Hi Marj,

When there aren't very many submissions it just doesn't feel right to list runners-up. But I am happy to send more results by email to anyone who wants to know. :)

Marj Atkins January 18th, 2011 10:56 AM

Thanks Lorinda - makes sense!

Andris Krastins January 18th, 2011 01:02 PM

Awesome! Your film totally deserved it, Finn-Erik!
Thanks everyone for your great entries, and of course to the organizers!
Meet you all next round! :)