DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DVC / UWOL Charity Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvc-uwol-charity-challenge/)
-   -   Tales of wonders and woe - charity challenge 2011 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvc-uwol-charity-challenge/502584-tales-wonders-woe-charity-challenge-2011-a.html)

Trond Saetre November 11th, 2011 03:09 PM

Tales of wonders and woe - charity challenge 2011

Guys and gals, the title says it all. This is where we post what goes right and what goes not so well with the making of our entries.

Let the fun begin! :)

Simon Wood November 12th, 2011 07:13 AM

Re: Tales of wonders and woe - charity challenge 2011

1 Attachment(s)
OK, I have locked down an idea, but its way out of my comfort zone as I will need to design a lot of animations, maps and various other things I wouldn't normally deal with. I'll also need a number of obscure props....

So does anyone know where it might be possible to find a royalty free (and preferably free) image like the one below?

Basically it needs to be a clichéd image like you would expect to find in an old ad or movie in the 1950's.

Actually, the expression on her face is kind of like how I feel about this project right now!

Trond Saetre November 12th, 2011 07:50 AM

Looks like you have an interesting plan, Simon.

I have been out hiking and filming a bit today. But can't say my "host of the show" cooperated. Didn't see any living creatures except for one single bird which was too far away.
Better luck tomorrow, and if not, I'm over to plan B...

Dale Guthormsen November 12th, 2011 07:10 PM

Tronde,

At leat you are out there and have a subject.

I am still up in the air. Wildlife has migrated south, so just the usual winter residents somewhat terrified and in hiding as it is hunting season for most game for the next few weeks.

Have a non wildlife idea, but I can't do it alone. Running short on creativity for some reason the last 6 months!! Well, maybe I just never had any??? LOl.

Kevin McRoberts November 14th, 2011 07:54 PM

To date, I have found no surer method of securing a metric crapton of work than to enter a UWOL/DVC Contest.

Seriously, we should hold these things every month.

On the plus side, I think it will be easy to do a secondary edit on one of the projects and develop a TV show from the material.

Dylan Couper November 16th, 2011 09:38 AM

Does anyone have a Stargate I can borrow?

Trond Saetre November 16th, 2011 11:07 AM

Back to square one for me, and plan B has still not told me what it is.
Maybe I could share a Stargate with Dylan. :)

Dick Mays November 16th, 2011 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan Couper (Post 1697464)
Does anyone have a Stargate I can borrow?

Gosh, dog it, no! But I do have an Omega 13, if I can jsut find a box big enough to ship it to you...

Chris Barcellos November 17th, 2011 02:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have this Stargate. Located in Himalayas. Can you use it ?

Dylan Couper November 17th, 2011 04:40 PM

Actually.... that's perfect!
What's shipping from the Himalayas to Vancouver BC?

Chris Barcellos November 17th, 2011 04:44 PM

Shipping is only $ 27,500, but its the Tibetan monks that go with it to operate that really cost......And we can't even get them into this country because of Homeland security.... maybe would be easier to get to Canada...

Dylan Couper November 18th, 2011 09:48 AM

Actually, the more I see it, the more I like it for our video... where did you find the graphic?

Andrew Smith November 19th, 2011 08:56 AM

Why don't you simply pass the Stargate through the backup Stargate? That's got to save you the shipping as well as some transit time.

Andrew

Chris Barcellos November 19th, 2011 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan Couper (Post 1698016)
Actually, the more I see it, the more I like it for our video... where did you find the graphic?

I made it in Vue 8. You are welcome to use it if you want. I can do a bit more cleanup work on it if you want it and maybe render at a higher level. Different lighting if you want. Let me know. I can mess with it a bit.

Dylan Couper November 20th, 2011 11:10 PM

Andrew... genius!

Chris, looks like you're going to get a credit in our film!