DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DVC / UWOL Charity Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvc-uwol-charity-challenge/)
-   -   5th Annual Charity Challenge Theme - GO! GO! GO! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvc-uwol-charity-challenge/512469-5th-annual-charity-challenge-theme-go-go-go.html)

Lorinda Norton December 2nd, 2012 10:32 AM

5th Annual Charity Challenge Theme - GO! GO! GO!

The theme! Dylan gave me a choice of four themes from which to choose. I feared that my favorite would knock out some of the UWOLers; therefore, because we’ve got a small group so far and the majority of you tend to shoot nature/wildlife we are going with the theme TREES. It’s harder than it might seem at first read, simply because it’s up to all of you to make sure your entry is compelling! But Dylan specializes in giving us themes that really stretch us to be creative, so…there you go. Can’t wait to also see what narrative film entries come from this!

Sign-up remains open, donations are being accepted all along by those signing up or those just wanting to be charitable this season. And remember, if you donate, you are a judge! Donate through PayPal to softserveinc@hotmail.com.

All right, folks, you now have until Dec. 16 at midnight PST to get your masterpieces submitted! Get going and have fun!!!

Meryem Ersoz December 2nd, 2012 01:38 PM

Re: 5th Annual Charity Challenge Theme - GO! GO! GO!

just a quick note to say...

there isn't a stinkin theme on the planet which could knock out the UWOLers!

not with the Earth as their canvas. just sayin' -

terrific theme, though, Lorinda!

Kevin Railsback December 2nd, 2012 02:25 PM

What Meryem said!

Lorinda Norton December 2nd, 2012 02:31 PM

Ack! Bad choice of words on top of everything else. Sorry UWOL folks--didn't mean to offend! Shoulda gone with the favorite but with such a small field so far I'm hoping for 100% participation. Okay, shutting up now...

Meryem Ersoz December 2nd, 2012 03:15 PM

we're just pulling your tail, Lorinda....a little trash talk among friends.

This is a really good theme though. I have an idea which I'm sorely tempted to execute.

time, as usual, is the enemy.

Chris Barcellos December 2nd, 2012 08:53 PM

"I talk to the trees, but they don't listen to me........"

If Clint Eastwood can sing that song in Paint Your Wagon, we can certainly get make something about trees.

Dale Guthormsen December 3rd, 2012 10:30 AM

Good Morning from the Prairies,

Land of the living skies and not so many trees.

I have an idea, a glimmer so to speak, exacution might be a challenge this winter, but I am determined to get something submitted this time!!!

Great theme.

Kevin Railsback December 3rd, 2012 02:06 PM

Have a great story if the trees here had their leaves on them.
So let's see... No leaves, no insects, no nesting birds, just bare trunks and branches.
I guess it could be worse, I could be out on the prairie with Dale!

Trond Saetre December 4th, 2012 10:03 AM

Cool theme.
Let the fun begin!! :)