2012 DVC/UWOL Charity Challenge WINNER! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > The DVC / UWOL Charity Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The DVC / UWOL Charity Challenge
Our contest series unites for a common cause...

Old January 17th, 2013, 12:42 AM   #16
Trustee

Re: 2012 DVC/UWOL Charity Challenge WINNER!

Congrats, Kevin.

Your choice of charity kind of choked me up a bit. I adopted a dog from our local shelter 7 weeks ago, he's napping right behind me up against my gun safe right now. I thought I was getting just a "mutt" but darned if he doesn't seem to be a "soft coat" Wheaten Terrier. Smart as a whip, sweet natured, not at all agressive, and barks at plastic sheep around town.

And two days ago I had to have the vet put my yellow orange tabby to sleep. She was a stray that "moved in" with me. Her second bout with cancer left us no treatment options.

I very much respect your choice of charity and your battle for Bella. My hat is off to you!

Photos: Tabby asleep on my leg, all I had to do was put the footrest up and she settled in. And Sandy, the rescue dog (loves to ride in my vehicle.
Attached Thumbnails
2012 DVC/UWOL Charity Challenge WINNER!-tabby.jpg   2012 DVC/UWOL Charity Challenge WINNER!-sandy_002.jpg  

Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2013, 01:47 AM   #17
Wrangler

Bruce, I am so sorry you had to say goodbye to your orange kitty. She was beautiful. The consolation you have is knowing you gave her a great life. That photo is pure contentment.

Congrats on your new little feller. He pretty cute and looks like lots of fun.
Old January 17th, 2013, 08:20 PM   #18
Trustee

Bruce,

So sorry to hear your kitty has crossed the rainbow bridge. They bring such joy and even if you don't even see them, they somehow fill your home and make it complete.

She knew she would be safe and loved when she chose to come live with you.

Your rescue pup is precious!! I really think they know they are getting another chance and they try to make the most of it.

Last Hope just took in three dogs, a momma and her two pups that were locked in an abandoned home for what they think is about three weeks. They are skin and bones. The money from the charity challenge is so desperately needed.
ANy of the four os us that submitted a film can tell you that the charity they were trying to win the donation for is always running on a shoestring budget.

I hope we see your new fur baby in some future films!!

Thank you so much for rescuing a life!!! I know your little tabby would give her paw of approval!
Old January 18th, 2013, 07:00 PM   #19
Wrangler

Congrats Kevin, and nice choice of charity!

They have just received a $420 donation in your name. If I get a confirmation letter from them, I'll post it back up here.

Cheers!

Dylan
Old January 18th, 2013, 09:55 PM   #20
Trustee

Awesome!

I was just out at the local nature center when I ran into a woman who adopted another Last Hope dog that I worked with.
Was so nice to see her and see how great she's doing.

She spent her entire life chained up outside. Now she sleeps in a warm bed and goes for walks every day.

I know they'll put the money to good use!!
Old February 2nd, 2013, 09:35 AM   #21
Trustee

A little late but still:
Congrats to you "Fantastic Four" for delivering great charity videos.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > The DVC / UWOL Charity Challenge