DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DVC / UWOL Charity Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvc-uwol-charity-challenge/)
-   -   Sign Up - 6th Annual DVC/UWOL Charity Challenge! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvc-uwol-charity-challenge/520373-sign-up-6th-annual-dvc-uwol-charity-challenge.html)

Lorinda Norton December 1st, 2013 11:17 AM

Filmmakers and wildlife videographers unite! It’s time for the 6th Annual DVC/UWOL Charity Challenge! Starting Dec 12, you will have one month to plan, shoot, edit and submit your entries. Submission deadline is 11:59 p.m. PST on Jan. 12.

Just like last year, rather than offer a prize for you to receive, you get to offer up a prize-winning entry to benefit the charity of your choice. Dylan will receive donations from contestants, supporters, friends, family—anyone who wants to join the fun of giving to a charity determined by the winner.
You don’t have to donate to sign up, nor do you have to sign up to donate! Be aware that when you sign up OR donate, you automatically become a judge in this round. Donations may be sent to softserveinc@hotmail.com. More info on donating will be posted in another thread, so watch for it if you have any questions.

Rules for both DVC and UWOL apply and are pretty similar, so pick one set and run with it. The time limit will be FOUR minutes, with an extra 20 seconds allowed for credits if absolutely necessary. UWOLers may post to their personal YouTube or Vimeo pages as well as to the UWOL Vimeo page.

BUT...here’s a caveat to the whole deal: We will run this challenge *if* we get TWENTY people or more signed up, so let’s get going and pass that mark well before the start date. Sign up now!

Henry Williams December 1st, 2013 12:40 PM

Re: Sign Up - 6th Annual DVC/UWOL Charity Challenge!

I'm up for it :)

Mike Sims December 1st, 2013 01:09 PM

I normally can’t sign up for a December Challenge because of another commitment, but it isn’t an issue this year. At the very least, I can throw my hat in to help make sure that there are (more than) TWENTY signed up! Also, I have a new specialty camera on order which will be delivered just in time and I have learned that there is nothing better to get me motivated to learn to use new kit than a good Challenge. Good-luck, all.

Trond Saetre December 1st, 2013 03:33 PM

I'm definitely in!

Linn Jones December 1st, 2013 04:09 PM

I am in!

Exiting! Love the charity aspect of it! :)

Marc Burleigh December 1st, 2013 04:14 PM

Count me in

Chris Barcellos December 1st, 2013 06:07 PM

I am in too !!

Jeremy Doyle December 1st, 2013 09:14 PM

After being on the wall of shame the last go round, my schedule is looking pretty good for this one. Sign me up!

Paul Wood December 2nd, 2013 03:31 AM

Count me in, too!

Simon Wood December 2nd, 2013 04:00 AM

Me too………….

Tim Lewis December 2nd, 2013 04:52 AM

Count me in too.

That gets us half way!

Toni Dolce December 2nd, 2013 12:58 PM

I'm signing up!

David Cummings December 3rd, 2013 08:52 AM

I'll give it a shot

Dylan Couper December 4th, 2013 12:03 PM

Occurs to me that both myself and Shaun Roemich are still on the wall of shame from 2 years ago. He's in Mexico right now, definitely not reading this, so I think it's pretty safe for me to sign him up while he can't say no.

Finn-Erik Faale December 5th, 2013 09:21 AM

Count me in.