DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DVC / UWOL Charity Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvc-uwol-charity-challenge/)
-   -   WINNER - 2013 DVC/UWOL Charity Challenge! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvc-uwol-charity-challenge/521284-winner-2013-dvc-uwol-charity-challenge.html)

Lorinda Norton January 27th, 2014 10:38 AM

WINNER - 2013 DVC/UWOL Charity Challenge!

A big "thank you" to those who submitted an entry the round! It was a small group but a fun one. And "thank you" so much to everyone who donated!! Because of you $342 will go to the charity of our winner's choosing.

Ah, the winner!! It is my distinct pleasure to announce that the winner and champion of the 2013 DVC/UWOL Charity Challenge is:

Trond Saetre with The Search for Inspiration

Yay, Trond!! You've been a constant UWOL competitor and cheerleader, inspiring others to compete and, most of all, to have FUN. Well, it's your turn to be congratulated as the champion on a fine entry in this year's charity challenge--very fitting since you give so much anyway! Send the info for your charity to Dylan, and let us know more about it!

Well, that's a wrap, folks! Many thanks to our Wrangler-in-Chief Chris Hurd for giving these challenges a home on DV Info Net. It's been lots of fun, Chris--you have provided us all with opportunities to get out there and see what we can do, all for free. You're the best!

Bill Thesken January 27th, 2014 11:03 AM

Re: WINNER - 2013 DVC/UWOL Charity Challenge!

Awesome Trond! I had a feeling you would win it. Braving the elements and hiking miles and miles to convey the message, is inspiration for us all.

Trond Saetre January 27th, 2014 11:14 AM

Wow, that was unexpected.
Thank you very much!

UWOL, and the great fun of the charity challenges, has always been a big part of my life, since the beginning. The goal has always been to learn, to inspire others to make their own films, and through my films inspire people to get out and enjoy the nature.

I'll let Dylan know in a day or two about the charity of choice.
After thinking for 1 second, I know it must be some kind of animal/ wildlife related :)

Shaun Roemich January 27th, 2014 11:19 AM

Congrats, Trond!

And thank you Lorinda for facilitating this for all of us.

Meryem Ersoz January 27th, 2014 11:37 AM

Great job, Trond! couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Congratulations!

I can't wait to see what Norwegian charity benefits from all the moolah. Way to give back to the planet!

Dick Mays January 27th, 2014 11:38 AM

Congratulations on an excellent inspiring entry. I am only just now coming back from two weeks with the Flu, so I missed the trash talking this time.

Paul Wood January 27th, 2014 01:01 PM

Well done, Trond!

A good round, just sorry the flu got to a few participants this year!

Another well deserved win for team Norway!

Mike Sims January 27th, 2014 05:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Way to go, Trond! I loved the shot with the dog carrying the tripod. Your trophy is attached to your video’s Vimeo page and I have sent you one as well. Here is what it looks like. Next stop- UC 28!

Tim Lewis January 27th, 2014 06:51 PM

Excellent work Trond, it was my favourite too!

BTW Mike, shouldn't Trond's logo be for the 2013 Challenge?

Mike Sims January 27th, 2014 09:26 PM

Hmmm... Good point, Tim. I'll make the changes right away. Thanks!

Geir Inge January 28th, 2014 03:31 AM

Congratulation!
Way to go, Trond!

Trond Saetre January 29th, 2014 10:49 AM

Thank you, everyone.

Just an update:
I have desided the charity organization, but haven't been able to contact them yet.
Will notify Dylan and update the details here as soon as I have talked to them, hopefully by tomorrow or Friday.

Trond Saetre January 30th, 2014 04:29 AM

UPDATE:

The charity organization that will receive the donation is:
The Norwegian sea rescue organization.

They do a great job whenever someone is missing at sea, or vessels are in distress.
Founded in 1891.
Since 2003 they have given assistance to 130.000 people, saved more than 300 lives and more than 1000 vessels from sinking.

Link to their website:
Om oss - Redningsselskapet

Unfortunately, their webpage is in Norwegian only, but the video on that page describes their organization pretty well.

I will send the details to Dylan as soon as I have it, so he can transfer the $$..

Mike Sims January 30th, 2014 08:29 AM

Excellent choice!

Trond Saetre January 30th, 2014 08:38 AM

Details for transfer of the donation has now been sent both directly to Dylan (through dvinfo), and to thedvchallenge email.