DVD authoring software at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old May 30th, 2003, 09:14 PM   #1
Tourist

DVD authoring software

I did a search and couldn't find any threads talking specifically about this topic. First of all I am new and this is my first post so if it sucks please be kind. My business partner and I have 2 Canon XL1s cameras that we are using for wedding videography. We are going to edit with Avid 3.5 and output to DVD only. We are looking for some advice on software to put the DVD together with that gives us the ability to build DVDs like the ones coming from major movie studios. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Andrew Habeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2003, 09:20 PM   #2
Capt. Quirk

Hi Andrew- DVD Authoring is a fairly common topic here. As far as NLE's and Authoring software, most folks use Vegas 4+ DVD. As far as I go, I use Premier, and will wait for Adobe's Encore DVD suite to come out. A lot of "Pro's" also use Sonics DVD.
K. Forman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2003, 05:20 AM   #3
Major Player

DVD authoring software

I am no authority on the subject but I took a seminar on adding DVD to your business and, on the PC, DVD Maestro was ranked with Apple's DVD Studio Pro at the high end of authoring tools. To get access to the entire DVD spec, which Hollywood needs for multiple languages, sub-titles, camera angles (when available) and so on, you need a deep app and the cost that comes with it. The usual suspects, like DVD Workshop and Architect won't go there.

David Hurdon
David Hurdon is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring