DVD Copy at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old October 7th, 2007, 02:35 AM   #1
Trustee

DVD Copy

Hi
Has anyone got Primera Bravo II Disk Publisher? http://cdrecordingsoftware.com/bravo2dvd.html
I would like to buy at a reasonable price a DVD copier with printing facilities as well. Is there any other model that you know?

Stelios
Old October 7th, 2007, 10:03 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Hi Stelios

I have a Bravo II disc publisher. It's brilliant!

Hope this helps

Graham
Graham Risdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2007, 02:21 PM   #3
Trustee

Thanks Graham. So is it reliable enough to leave it alone to do the job without you being there? How often do you change cartridges?

Stelios
Old October 8th, 2007, 01:52 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Hi Stelios

I've produced about 5,000 discs in total - a combination of CD and DVD.

The Bravo is connected to a dedicated PC so it doesn't affect workflow, which makes it easier. I can just set a job going and come back to it when complete.

I work from home, and regularly leave it running overnight. There are 2 modes you can use - one produces 25 discs in a batch, the other 50 - I tend to use the '25' mode, as it avoids the discs being ejected from the front (i haven;t got the optionsal bin to attach to the front).

I've found it very reliable and will even handle bad discs without aborting the job though I use Sony printables which are very good, so it's rare I get bad discs.

Regarding cartridges, it obviosly depends on what you print! Most of my stuff is a simple logo and black text and I've probably got through 3 black and 3 colour cartridges for the 5,000 discs. You would use many more if you were printing full colour. However, the cartridge cost is high and I haven't tried using non-Primera versions although I've recently got a refilling kit from River Pro Audio so I'm going to have a go at that!

I use the Bravo for jobs up to about 200 discs - above that and I'll get them duplicated or mastered. The best bit is when a client says "can I have 20 more DVDs" and you hit one or two buttons and they're done!

I was slightly wary of anything robotic as I thought it may be unreliable, but so far all has been fine! (about 3 years)

Hope this helps
Graham Risdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2007, 02:31 PM   #5
Trustee

Hi Graham

Thanks for all the information you gave me. I see that I can get it from B&H for $1750 but the shipping cost to Cyprus is rather high (UPS Worldwide Saver is $340). I also saw it in ebay for about $1145! but I couldn't get the seller to give me a price for shipping. Anyway I will see what I can do and raise the money.

Stelios
Old October 8th, 2007, 02:43 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Hi Stelios,

I have the Bravo II and have made 1500 DVD's all with color color labels and not a single problem. Color cartridges last about 250 disk and black last about 500. I use Primera cartridges and disk. Would be nice to buy cheaper but their quality is excellent. Also my biggest job has been 300 and that was not a problem.

As Graham said a dedicated PC is a great way to go.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring