DVD printing: faster than Epson PrintCD ? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring

Old October 15th, 2007, 03:38 PM   #1
Inner Circle

DVD printing: faster than Epson PrintCD ?

Hi,

I'm using an Epson R800 to print CDs. While I like the results of the bundled software PrintCD, I'm looking for a faster CD printing program that doesn't require me to manually set up a dozen printer settings and clicking a few dialog boxes before each printing. After about 1000 disks printed over the last two years, I say I've put in my dialog clicking dues.

Does anyone know of a program that will save a printing configuration but allow easy switching of the photo image ?
Gints Klimanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2007, 09:12 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I use SureThing CD Labeler Deluxe (www.surething.com). It has settings to print directly to CD/DVDs on the Epson printers (that's what I use) and has many templates to choose from. Of course, you can also insert your own pictures are backgrounds, etc.
Jim Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2007, 12:46 AM   #3
Regular Crew

For about two years, I've been using Nero (version 6) to both burn discs and print the labels on them (I use Epson R300 and R340 printers).
Nero's not 100% friendly in the area you mention (i.e., it doesn't remember printer settings between launches of the program), but it's reasonable, and from what I remember of the bundled Epson software, a lot more friendly than it is.

That said, if anyone knows of a product that's better than Nero, I'd be interested to read about it...
Reg Gothard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2007, 02:57 AM   #4
Major Player

Another vote for the Surething Software. While I never used it with my epson r200 it came bundled with my new HP DVD printer and it recognized my old r200. In terms of speed and such it is much faster than what the epson came with :)
Old October 16th, 2007, 12:11 PM   #5
Major Player

Yes, definately Surething here also. Makes things much much easier. As the other poster indicated, you can setup using their backgrounds or use say Photoshop with a 3*3 template to create your own(thats if you want to go fancy dancy).. LOL

I have the version 4 with updates. I was going to go to version five, but didn't care for it much. But definately Surething!
Damon Gaskin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring