DVD Architect Fuzz at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old November 8th, 2007, 06:37 PM   #1
Major Player

DVD Architect Fuzz

I just finished a DVD and I am not using any motion menus, they're all still images, but for some reason, the text looks like crap. Jagged edges and all. However, it looks at at its worst on my Panasonic HDTV. I don't know why, but on my smaller SD TV, it looks A LOT better, not perfect, butnear.

Now, I understand that it's a HDTV, but other DVD's look a lot cleaner than mine. Any idea why this might be?
Old November 8th, 2007, 10:23 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Depends on a couple of things. First try to stay away from real fine fonts IE most script or cursive text is a finer line and frankly most look pretty bad on TV. Second make sure Reduce Intelace is ON in the project settings - that may help some. the main thing though is the font itself. Like I said there are a few cursive fonts that look ok but most don't.

Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2007, 09:06 PM   #3
Major Player

Hey Don,

Yeah, I used a fine font. I turned the reduce interlace flicker to on and I made the menu progressive and it made a HUGE difference.

Looks so much better now. Thanks for the reply Don.

One weird problem I encountered was the shadow on the color set. I tried to remove the shadow 'cause it looks crummy, but for some reason, even after the change, the shadows were STILL there. I got fed up and just left them. Bah, I'll figure it out eventually.

Thanks again Don.
Old November 9th, 2007, 10:13 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Sometimes I've found that even after I press the button to turn the shadow off SOMETIMES I have to actuallt close out the project and reopen it in DVDA for it to take. Goofy but whadda I know?
Glad the other thing worked out.

Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2007, 01:12 AM   #5
Major Player

That is goofy. What's even goofier is that on the preview dvd, it wont even SHOW the shadow, even before I take it off...which it still never does anyway. I wonder if they fixed all this with the new version. I'm using 3.0

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring