dvd spine template? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring

Old December 13th, 2007, 02:07 PM   #1
Major Player

dvd spine template?

I`m looking for a photoshop template for a regular dvd case with spine, anyone know where i could find one?
Old December 13th, 2007, 03:40 PM   #2
Inner Circle

because there are several different sizes of cases the spines are different but it's quite simple to make a template yourself.
First measure the size of the insert to fit the particular case size you are using. Remember that the insert will be a bit smaller than the actual case (in most all cases) Now measure the size of the spine of the case you have (could be 1/4 5/16 or whatever it is) measure the template to the vertical center and split that to each side of center. Place vertical guides where needed (spine,top, bottom, sides if needed) save it as a template and you're good to go.
I use one with a transparent background and after I make the insert for that particular job I simply name it for the job as a psd and my template stays in place. Should work for you.
Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2007, 04:21 PM   #3
Major Player

A quick Google search turned up these measurements: 14mm for spine, overall width of 273mm, height of 185mm.

Hope this helps. If you have any questions about the specifics of creating a template, PM me.
Old December 13th, 2007, 04:45 PM   #4
Regular Crew

The template size is close and as mentioned dvd cases will be slightly different in size.
Her are two examples..feel free to print and measure, but each insert I have ever done is custom cut when you start placing 20-50 into cases. You have to eyeball the fit and finish...I'm picky
Attached Thumbnails
dvd spine template?-worlds-race-cover2.jpg   dvd spine template?-burning-cash-cover.jpg  

Vince Halushka is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring